for the Meat Technologist, France, Savory Flavors Europe position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Meat Technologist, France, Savory Flavors Europe
Illkirch - Sensient Technologies Corporation
Sensient Flavors Savory Europe
We are part of Sensient Technologies corporation and we develop taste solutions for the savory market (Ready meals, Process meat, Snack & sauces, Process cheese) by innovating and engaging our customers in product development. We aim to become an undisputed flavor house in Europe. Our VALUES are Safety, Accountability, Proximity and Enthusiasm.
- The candidate will have to be a specialist in the process meat industry.
- Responsible for managing and supporting customer related projects and providing product solutions.
- Provides support to Innovations by testing flavors in meat and delicatessen applications.
- Provides assistance to Marketing, Sensory & Consumer Science through prototype development, sample preparation and presentation support.
- All-inclusive support of the Savory Business Unit's goals and objectives.
- Support the efforts of the Business Unit (BU) through the successful and timely completion of customer related projects, in accordance with project parameters and customer requirements. Effectively utilizes critical support functions; Innovations, Analytical and Regulatory in providing solutions.
- Support Innovation through the evaluation of flavors and solutions in applications systems to determine usage, performance and stability.
- In support of Savory BU objectives, develops concepts and prototypes for demonstrating flavors, meat seasonings and technologies for key customer presentations. Prepares samples and supporting literature for customer working sessions and presentations.
- Support Sensory through the preparation of samples for testing for key projects, and routine flavor evaluations for the flavor library.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new applications as new technologies and ingredient emerge.
- Stay abreast of new food ingredient developments, trends and innovation, as well as processing and equipment advances, relative to Savory.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment in their area of jurisdiction. Attend required safety training and is trained in the proper care and use of lab equipment
- Requires a B.S. in Food Science or related subject.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years' experience in the meat industry and process, Savory flavor applications preferred.
- The continuance of related education is important.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team setting is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to solve flavor and food ingredient related issues associated with applications and processing methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a project team-driven environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload, and adhere to deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of food ingredients, equipment, and processing is required. It is important that there is an understanding of the differences between lab and production product preparation.
- It is necessary to be able to represent oneself, work, and the company in a professional and technical manner to customers.
- Travel may be required.
- Must be willing and able to taste and smell flavors.
- Basic Computer skills to include Excel and PowerPoint.
- Has interest in learning the Commercial aspects of the Business Unit, inclusive of Product Management.
- Fluent in English ; German proficiency would be appreciated too
About Sensient Flavors & Fragrances
Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group develops, manufactures and distributes flavor and fragrance systems that are found in thousands of consumer products worldwide. The company's specialty systems are essential components of food, beverage, household and personal care products. Sensient's value-added flavors and fragrances enable our customers to excel in highly competitive global markets. The Flavors & Fragrances Group is located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
About Sensient Technologies Corporation
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!