for the Tool Design Engineer-Connection Systems-2 position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Tool Design Engineer-Connection Systems-2
Warren - Delphi
Delphi is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Delphi Connection Systems (DCS) team has an exciting opportunity for a Plastic Injection Mold Design Engineer located in Warren, OH at our Champion Technical Center. Under the direction of the DCS NA Tool Engineering Supervisor, the successful candidate will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of plastic injection molds specifically related for Delphi's connection systems product lines. The Tool Design Engineer will layout, concept and support plastic injection mold designs. Designs will be followed from detailed estimates to manufacturing.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Develop plastic injection mold designs and concepts for North American tool builds
- Participate in early product development with product engineers and estimators
- Design and build new tools, capacity tools, replacement tools and execute tool revisions
- Design and build robust tools for manufacturing
- Support tool build engineers to meet customer timing
- Meet key dates, maintain through put and quality targets
- Perform plans with focus and energy toward exceeding expectations
- Manage and update tool drawings.Maintain ICIM certification (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.)
- Support plant tool engineers for mold improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Journeyman Tool & Die Maker
- 1+ years of tooling or component engineering experience; gained through internship or work experience
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand component/tooling prints and models
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office; Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior tool or process engineering experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with Delphi components and the connection systems product line
- Prior tool room experience (including an understanding of tool room equipment)
- Prior plastic injection molding experience including knowledge of moldflow
- Advanced proficiency with NX and in-depth understanding of GD&T
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English, both verbally and in writing Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Journeyman Tool & Die Maker
Warren CTC Technical Center, Warren, OH
About the Organization
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a high-technology company that integrates safer, greener and more connected solutions for the automotive sector. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 44 countries.
To read more about Delphi, please click here.
This position is currently accepting applications.
No job matches. Start a new search below!