for the Marketing Intern position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Troy - Delphi
Delphi is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Make a Delphi Difference on your first day.
At Delphi, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow.
Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
At Delphi, we're about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers' toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently announced that Delphi will spin-off its Powertrain segment, which includes our Aftermarket business, into an independent company by March 2018. The new company will be a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4.5B in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 24 countries and doing business with customers in over 150 countries.
As a standalone company, Powertrain and the Aftermarket will be better positioned for continued growth, with the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and with more flexibility to pursue their different strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Delphi Product & Service Solutions (DPSS), our aftermarket business, delivers superior quality products and services that help automotive technicians do their jobs more efficiently. DPSS has earned a reputation for superior quality in the automotive aftermarket and services that technicians can trust.
Join the Aftermarket team as they embark on this exciting transition with Powertrain to become an independent company with a passionate focus on delivering the right parts, diagnostics, and training to be their customer's complete solution.
We're looking for a high energy student who is eager to learn about the Automotive Aftermarket space. The individual will take ownership of launching new part numbers, compile competitive pricing analytics and identify category insights to grow market share. Must be able to work 18 to 20 hours during Winter/Fall/Spring semesters and 40 Hours during the Summer.
Project: Design and implement a marketing data management solution
- Improve the current product data management process by implementing a solution that consolidates multiple product data files into one.
Ongoing: Assist with category management research
- Research competitor part number pricing, applications, features and benefits
- Conduct market and customer research
- Prepare analysis and presentations for customers and leadership
- Assist in managing Change Requests for new product launches, price changes and obsoleting parts
- Responsible for updating part number information for quarterly new number announcements, including updating the Master Data Files, IRG, and Load Sheets
- 1+ years' with Excel capabilities and experience using the V-Lookup formulas and Pivot Tables.
- Student currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program with interest in marketing, data analysis or general business.
Understanding of the 4Ps of marketing (price, product, promotion and placement)
- Demonstrate a high energy, upbeat eagerness to learn about the automotive aftermarket.
- Ability to work independently, learn from mistakes and implement processes for improvement.
- Ability to consolidate multiple data sets into summary reports.
- Experience using Microsoft Access and a basic understanding of gross margin and operating income calculations.
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business
Troy Offices & Customer Center, Troy, MI
About the Organization
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a high-technology company that integrates safer, greener and more connected solutions for the automotive sector. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 44 countries.
To read more about Delphi, please click here.
This position is currently accepting applications.
No job matches. Start a new search below!