for the Radiology/Clerical position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
San Juan Capistrano - Memorial Health Services
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Job Responsibilities: It is the duty of all employees to understand and perform their job tasks to the highest level at all times.
- Maintain current knowledge of computer scheduling functions according to policies.
- Receive patients (check in) and process appropriate paperwork for examinations. Maintain current knowledge of computer functions using proper registration protocols with all new patients, existing patient data and proper visit types and times. Notify appropriate party of patient arrival.
- Knowledge of and assistance with the billing process as needed.
- Act as an information resource to patients/visitors. Verify all patient registration data, following through with all changes.
- Continuously review waiting room for prolonged patient waiting. Communicate any and all delays to patients waiting longer than 15 minutes and offer alternatives when necessary. Notify management of any patient issues. Straighten/tidy waiting areas as needed.
- Escort or direct patients to the appropriate waiting area for medical services.
- Alert Techs or Supervisor to any concerns/issues in regards to the radiology schedule.
- Receive and assist with processing of film releases following written policies including mammography.
- Confirm all appointments as directed, including callbacks and re-scheduling appointments for equipment or staffing issues.
- Participate in the MQSA (Mammography paperwork) process as required.
- Maintain knowledge of Radiology procedures and any preparations that go along with it.
- Dispense appropriate instructions and prep kits, deferring questions to the technologist.
- Ensure all patients have proper authorization(s) prior to the exam when appropriate. Ensure all patients have proper orders upon scheduling.
- Travel as needed to other facilities to facilitate department operations.
- Report management to include scanning, faxing, and/or tasking radiology reports to providers as requested.
- Film library management which may include: pulling of or requesting jackets if required for radiology appointments in advance along with appropriate paperwork as directed. Assist with film management, file film jackets and/or retrieve film jackets as required.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
Qualifications/Skills: Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. They must excel in organization and attention to details and follow through. Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility. Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal.) Bilingual Spanish a plus. Candidate will also have medical terminology and knowledge of various insurance types (i.e. HMO, PPO, etc.).
Experience: Prior medical office experience required. Radiology department experience is preferred, will consider candidate with strong medical experience if they have no radiology experience. Must have a minimum of 1 year of customer service in any field and have worked with computers.
Education: Minimum High school graduate or equivalent. CPR for Healthcare Provider card. Medical Terminology is a must.
MemorialCare Medical Group is a physician-based organization established to provide advanced comprehensive, effective and efficient health care. With over 30 locations from Long Beach to Dana Point, MemorialCare Medical Group includes more than 250 physicians in the areas of internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatric medicine, cardiology, cardio thoracic surgery, gastroenterology, neurology, pulmonology, psychiatry, psychology, rheumatology, sleep medicine and therapeutic acupuncture.
In addition to multiple locations throughout Orange County, MemorialCare Medical Group offers Urgent Care Centers that are open 365 days-a-year, Telephone Advice Nurses available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week; and lab and digital X-ray services available on-site at most locations.
No job matches. Start a new search below!