Akron - Newell Rubbermaid
Title: Yard Driver
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Hours: 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Location: Kent, OH
This position is responsible for performing basic yard driver functions as well as shuttling trailers between the DC’s and Production Site.
- Learn and perform yard driver duties including but not limited to:
- Docking and moving trailers on the yard
- Driving over the road to other facilities including off-site warehouse as needed
- Adhering to DOT regulations and submitting to an annual physical and random drug screening
- Perform tasks required of warehouse driver including but not limited to:
- Accurately complete a Pre & Post Inspection on equipment driven daily
- Accurately complete trailer pre-trip inspections
- Providing attention to detail & communication to ensure timely movements of trailers in and out of docks.
- Maintain safe work environment by watching out for foot traffic & Road Traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with operating policies and regulations.
- Wear all required safety PPE and operate all work duties in a safe manner following proper procedures.
- Take individual responsibility in keeping work area organized and clean
- Must possess and maintain Class A - CDL license
- Ability to work well in team environment; flexibility to work in a variety of areas is essential
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills with strong attention to detail including speed and accuracy in counting and verification
- HS Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 6 months of relevant experience
- Considerable physical effort lifting and moving material or objects that are average weight continuously and heavy weight material or objects frequently
- Ability to walk long distances and stand on feet all day
- Able to bend, stretch, and reach low and high places frequently
- Push buttons on computer and RF guns
- Go up and down 2 multiple levels in and outside plant
- Lift light weight objects or material overhead occasionally
- Ability to work in high places of 35-40 ft. and look up to high places by bending neck
- Pass eye test
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/protected veteran status, or genetic information.
No job matches. Start a new search below!