for the Media Representative position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Philadelphia - Federal Reserve Bank
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. It is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. The Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank serves eastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
We seek a strong communicator and relationship builder to support the Media Relations Lead in global media outreach that drives awareness of
our mission and expertise. The Media Relations Representative must be adept at cultivating and maintaining collaborative working relationships with journalists at newspapers, wire services, television, radio, business and economic journals, and trade publications. In addition, they must be skilled at developing strong relationships with the Bank’s senior leadership and staff and provide them with media training for print, online, and broadcast interviews.
The Media Relations Representative must have a proven track record of developing and executing strategic communications plans and making sound media relations judgment regarding sensitive and complex issues.
To be considered for this position, please include a cover letter with your resume.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a deep understanding of the mission of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia and the Federal Reserve System to plan and execute media relations strategies that position the Bank’s subject matter experts as thought leaders and promote its research to target audiences.
- Manages and builds the Bank’s sterling reputation of public service to the Third District and beyond.
- Handles press outreach to regional, national and international media outlets including print, broadcast and online.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all Bank departments and internal stakeholders.
- Directs the Bank`s participation in social media to do the following: monitor public sentiment about the Bank and the Federal Reserve System; promote the Bank`s economic releases, conferences, and initiatives; and build media relations.
- Keeps abreast of media stories and emerging issues impacting the Bank and produces a daily news e-mail of relevant media placements and articles relating to the Bank and the Federal Reserve System for senior leadership and Bank staff. Anticipates, prioritizes, and manages sensitive issues with the media. Works with Bank leadership on issues management.
- Develops communications materials such as press releases, fact sheets, and talking points for bank personnel.
- Provides staff with media training for successful print, TV, and radio interviews.
- Supports the Media Relations Lead in preparing the President for media interviews.
- Serves as the primary media contact when the Media Relations Lead is not in the Bank.
- Distributes economic data to the media, including embargoed data. Coordinates a monthly Manufacturing Business Outlook Survey press conference call for all authenticated media, which consists of regional and wire services reporters.
- Manages media databases and develops pitch lists of media contacts to promote Bank initiatives, research, and events. Provides content to the Bank`s web team for the home page on the Bank`s external web site. Manages relationships with outside vendors such as Cision and Factiva.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!