for the Test Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Reston - Pragmatics, Inc.
Would you like to perform rewarding, mission-focused work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company?
Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Test Engineer to support Agile Teams by developing and conducting manual and/or automated functional, technical, and/or performance testing. The Test Engineer will develop and update software testing documentation such as test cases, test plans, and test results.
- Plan, update, develop and execute manual and/or automated functional, technical, and performance testing using automated test software, as well as other tools using various technologies (PostgreSQL, XML, SOAP/RESTful web services, etc.) in an Agile development environment.
- Coordinate and conduct manual and automated functional and performance testing using SoapUI.
- Work with Agile Teams pointing out functional errors, bottlenecks, and regression test subsequent enhancements.
- Conduct testing analysis at sprint reviews and provide it as part of our Software Test Plan Results delivered during each release.
- Work with other teams, including customer and third party consumer teams.
- Support customer findings and acceptance test events
- Experience conducting functional testing of web-based applications and web-services in Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Result deliverables.
- Experience writing up and troubleshooting software defects.
- Experience with SoapUI, JIRA, Jenkins or similar tools.
- Automated Test Development and Result Analysis.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and/or Oracle.
- Experience testing software installation and install documentation.
- Familiarity with VMware or OpenStack technologies.
- Prior experience with DoD and/or DISA systems is a plus.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science and 2 to 4 years of Software Test Engineering experience.
- A degree in information technology, management information systems, software engineering and networking are acceptable substitutes for Computer Science.
- Interim DoD Secret to start
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence.
For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the Federal Government. We have diverse contracts with both Defense/Intelligence Agencies and Federal/Civilian agencies.
We provide Software Engineering, Agile Business Intelligence and Analytics, Audio Visual and Learning Technologies, Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, Independent Verification and Validation, IT Service Management, Program Management, and Transportation Solutions.
We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI® Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
No job matches. Start a new search below!