for the Desktop Support Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Desktop Support Specialist
McLean - KrolLDiscovery
The Desktop Support Specialist, based in McLean, Virginia, is part of a desktop administration team that provides KrolLDiscovery with a point of accountability for administering the company's internal desktop and laptop computing environment. This position receives and responds to service desk tickets from internal users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software such as statistical, graphics, data base, printing, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Assist employees with PC support by using good judgment and following department policies and procedures to satisfy the request or, if necessary, provide a work-around solution to the employee and escalate incident to appropriate IT personnel for additional troubleshooting.
- Order, configure and deploy new PCs and laptop computers and mobile phones for end users.
- Ensure that all installed software is functioning properly and is integrated with existing programs.
- Assist with deployment, administration and usage of technologies used to centrally manage the desktop environment, such as anti-virus and patching software.
- Ensure that all network printers and fax machines are functioning properly.
- Infrequent project based travel may be required.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience within an enterprise IT environment.
- Expert technical installation and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows desktop/laptop computers
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Advanced ability to work under pressure and demonstrate professionalism while working with internal customers
- Intermediate knowledge of proper use and troubleshooting of WSUS and enterprise level antivirus software
- Intermediate knowledge of proper use and troubleshooting of smart phones using Windows, Palm, and Blackberry operating systems
- Basic understanding of protocols including AD Group Policies, DHCP, WINS, DNS, TCP/IP, Citrix
- Basic understanding of desktop and laptop backup software, such as Altiris Client Recovery
Who we are
KrolLDiscovery is a leader in eDiscovery management solutions, providing end-to-end legal and technology consulting services to AmLaw 200 law firms, Fortune 500 corporations, and government agencies. Established in 2005 and headquartered in McLean, VA, KrolLDiscovery built its reputation as a leader in eDiscovery and customer satisfaction with a culture of client first and success through teamwork and humility. The company has 43 offices in 19 countries, 12 data centers and 14 data recovery labs around the globe.
KrolLDiscovery is one of the fastest growing companies in North America as recognized by both Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000™) and Deloitte (Deloitte Technology Fast 500™), and our President, Chris Weiler, is an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Award Winner.
KrolLDiscovery is an Orange-level Relativity Best in Service Partner and its data centers are ISO/IEC 27001-certified as well as HIPAA, GLB and EU Privacy Shield compliant.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended, and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KrolLDiscovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
No job matches. Start a new search below!