for the Assoc Finance Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Assoc Finance Analyst
Ponce - Medtronic
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
Responsible for general accounting activities associated to the fixed assets, capital, budgeting and reporting, SOX and internal control. Prepares and analyze account analysis related to cash, intercompany, payroll, accruals and general ledger balances. It is responsible to assist with the monthly closing, record keeping of journal entries, audits and other activities, as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
The Assoc Finance Analyst is responsible to:
1. Analyze and reconcile assigned general ledger control accounts according to the Company account reconciliation procedures.
2. Prepare recording, adjusting and recurring journal entries following plant and / or corporate due dates.
3. Manages and reconcile intercompany accounts to the general ledger and follow up on unrecorded transactions, discrepancies with affiliates and collection efforts.
4. Prepares cash forecasts, request for electronic fund transfers and ACH transmissions as required.
5. Supports business partners in budget control and prepare monthly overhead spending analysis, monitoring variances from plan/forecast, as assigned.
6. Assists in payroll processing activities and support journal entry processing for payroll and licenses.
7. Supports quarterly and annual payroll requirements per local and Federal government agencies as required.
8. Manage 401k reporting and audit requirements. Liaison with HR on 401K activities.
9. Responsible for the execution of the cycle count in the fixed assets area and investigate and process approvals and transactions for any adjustments to the Fixed Asset Master Records.
10. Responsible for the capital spending monitoring in areas such as project spending vs. budget, reporting and closure.
11. Assists with the processing, expediting and analysis of vendor payments associated to inventory and non-inventory invoices.
12. Create vendors on BPCS and Akritiv, as needed.
13. Assign capital expenditure project numbers, as needed.
14. Supports the annual budgeting and forecasts activities, as requested.
15. Support Supervisor in other tasks and analyses, as requested.
16. Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS): Must observe all federal, state, and company EHS policies and regulations. Must follow the proper indications established in the related EHS SOP's. Follows and support all guidelines established in the organization for the implementation and continuous improvement of the EHS and BEST program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
Education Required / Preferred:
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting or Finance
0-3 years minimum experience in General Accounting, preferably in manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Full knowledge of complete integrated accounting cycle and information systems
Financial Accounting (financial reporting and general ledger account analyses)
Skills / Competencies:
1. Strong Analytical Skills (c)
2. Business Acumen (c)
3. Functional/Technical Skills (c)
4. Customer Focus (c)
5. Problem Solving
6. Time Management (c)
8. Decision Quality
9. Integrity & Trust (c)
10. Drive for Results (c)
(c) Critically for the position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!