for the Principal Therapy Consultant, CoreValve - Houston position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Therapy Consultant, CoreValve - Houston
Houston - Medtronic
The CoreValve Sales Representative 3 achieves sales revenue targets and grows market share for a specified geography by promoting, selling and servicing Medtronic CoreValve and related products, post approval, while ensuring safe adoption and growth. The CoreValve Sales Representative 3 practices good territory management with strong organization, administration and expense planning and control. The CoreValve Representative is a partner and resource to the CVG field organization and to Catheter Based Therapies (CBT) cross functional teams, including Medical Education, Marketing, Research, and Development.
- Territory Management and Account Development
- Provide quality support to help sites achieve procedural success and for the safe growth of CoreValve
- Develop and post approval, execute strategies and plans to achieve/exceed sales quota for commercial cases. Maintain and expand existing business and develop new business opportunities
- Serve as trusted technical expert for TAVR procedure and products. Provide technical support for TAVR implanting centers, including "scrubbing in" to assist with valve loading and providing technical case support consistent with the instructions for use. Educate sites on proper indications for TAVR procedures
- Probe to understand and confirm customers' needs, handle objections and gain commitment. Develop and implement strategies to counter competitor messaging
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively
- Represent company at industry conferences and maximize potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads, and pursue opportunities to promote the company's product portfolio
- Knowledge of CoreValve and other Medtronic TAVR product IFUs for safe and effective use of devices
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published TAVR and relevant literature. Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends, and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaison with R&D for technology improvements and next generation needs
- Technical and Clinical Support
o Provide technical support to Medtronic employees and implanting teams for CoreValve implant procedures in accordance with Medtronic guidance
o Provide technical leadership for TAVR device procedures. Educate implanting teams on proper indications for TAVR procedures. Provide support on questions regarding device suitability with measuring ability and CT reconstruction expertise. Provide comprehensive technical support including knowledge of imaging modalities (echo/angiography/CT), EKG, blood pressure, wave forms, and ancillary procedural solutions
o Knowledge of Clinical trial protocols, and CoreValve and other Medtronic TAVR product IFUs for safe and effective use of devices
o Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published TAVR and relevant literature. Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends, and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaison with R&D for technology improvements and next generation needs
- Customer Service
o Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory geographic areas to maintain optimum level of exposure and effective time management. Assist with scheduling of cases and proper customer support
o Participate in physician training and case observations when necessary
o Participates in any other planned customer education meetings and society conventions
o Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner to include proper device complaint reporting
o Maintain high standards of personal presentation and promote a professional personal and company image
o Assist sites with identifying routine implant days and proper case scheduling
- Training, Education and Professional Development
o Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge
o Recognize and understand competitive products, features, strengths in relation to the company's products
o Participate in product and skills development programs, managing own self development
o Resource for R&D for CoreValve improvements and next generation needs
o Assists in training new hires to Medtronic CBT team
o Helps drive and maintain quality initiatives and global best practice initiatives
- Administrative Responsibilities
o Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records
o Responsible for CoreValve inventory at sites to include shipments, usage and return of product
o Responsible for forecasting implants at sites and obtaining billing PO's for each case
o Submits accurate and timely expense reports
o Report device complaints to proper departments within quality assurance within Medtronic
o Schedules travel arrangements to ensure multiple objectives are accomplished
o Supports heart teams with appropriate products, clinical literature and pre case planning strategy
o Maintain hospital eligibility/access with various vendor credentialing services
o Control expenses and adhere to company policies and procedures
o Identify, establish and maintain productive working relationships with key decision makers, customers and their staff, administrative staff, etc.
o Maintains a high level of communication with appropriate CVG sales and leadership within assigned geography
o Plan and implement effective sales/product presentations to customers
o Develop and maintain productive working relationships within the company to ensure maximum sales support and maintain a high level of customer service
o Contribute to the development of a strong team effort
o Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, and information regarding product price or account activity to District Manager and Clinical or other appropriate company personnel
o Ensure a professional standard of written and verbal communication at all times
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (optional):
- Demonstrated success in previous sales role; indicating a high level of sales performance, influence and selling skills.
- Exceptional business and clinical acumen with prior experience leading a sophisticated cardiac or endovascular procedure.
- Exceptional understanding of cardiac and vascular anatomy, physiology, and pathology.
- Interventional cardiac or vascular experience (wires, balloons, catheters, stents). Endovascular--specifically Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) and Thoracic Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (TEVAR)-or Cardiac surgery, Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR) experience preferred.
- Strong, proven medical device sales track record with documented growth and achievements.
- Previous experience communicating product's market advantages to physicians and hospital administration.
- Experience managing multiple accounts.
- Successful experience launching a new device.
- Market development experience.
- Experience calling on C-Suite customers.
- Prior experience teaching and educating medical personnel, peers and technical support personnel.
- Imaging interpretation experience (TTE or Trans Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE), CT, Angiograms). Computer proficiency and ability to perform CT reconstruction with CT programs.
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships with key therapy users and employees across organizational level.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan travel schedule with frequent last minute requests.
- Ability to travel with overnight stay up to 50 - 75% of the time (geography variability).
- Previous peer and physician education experience.
- Excellent influencing and consulting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
No job matches. Start a new search below!