for the Principal IT Business Systems Analyst - Clinical Trial Managment System position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal IT Business Systems Analyst - Clinical Trial Managment System
Mounds View - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives
Are you a passionate, dedicated and a motivated Business Systems Analyst looking for a new challenge?
This position provides the process and technical business analysis skills for the Clinical Core Process space. This potential candidate performs Business Analysis work as a member of the Clinical Core Team focused on a range of clinical processes, including Clinical Trial Management, Clinical Safety Management, Clinical Reporting and Analytics, Clinical Data Management, External Research Programs (ERP), local business solutions, and other related clinical and non-clinical business processes. In addition, this role will interact with various Global and Local Clinical Systems, including Siebel Clinical Trial Management System (Siebel CTMS), Argus Safety System, Oracle Clinical, and other clinical systems as assigned. The potential candidate will have a high level of interaction with business units, corporate functions, and Global IT counterparts.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
- Drive strategic clinical technology investments based upon globally aligned business processes and requirements.
- Interaction with a wide range of personnel from individual contributors to executive-level clinical and IT leaders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage key messages upward, across, and down throughout both business organizations and the Global IT organization.
- Drive business representatives through Global IT's governance steps and activities (solution selection, cloud governance, ATGC, etc)
- Strong understanding of IT compliance methodologies such as MSCM, including a solid understanding of how to establish and retain the validated state of an IT system.
- Assess customer business needs and match these needs against technology solutions with a key focus on globally harmonized business processes.
- Drive common process, design, and solutions across every business and geography at Medtronic.
- Serve as a business analyst on small to large-sized technical projects.
- Prepare and provide input to project plans, including the ability to provide leadership and influence over both process team members and also project team members from both business and IT organizations.
- Facilitation of small and large project teams throughout the systems development life cycle, including project definition, requirements gathering, design, development, test, release and post-implementation support.
- Work to develop solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Goal oriented, task driven decision-making with a strong sense of accountability. Focused on improving productivity, profitability and business processes; delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Work with stakeholders and IT peers to identify business process improvements through systems.
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement project teams and provide technical and business process expertise.
- Partner with business stakeholders to initiate and manage IT change requests (ECRs) for new reports, interfaces, etc. and modifications to existing systems, reports, interfaces, etc. to meet current and future client needs
- Effectively communicate with various levels of the organizations: business stakeholders, developers, and IT peers.
- Build and maintain active, collaborative relationships - working partnerships - with stakeholders.
- Partner with business stakeholders, project teams and IT peers to communicate areas of change.
- Partner with other Medtronic IT organizations to establish standards, share experiences and leverage common systems.
- Provide operational assistance to business stakeholders for issues impacting their ability to effectively meet their business objectives.
- Strong results orientation (driving to deadlines, financial targets, project goals, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and develop through partnerships with team leadership.
- Document clear and complete requirements for complex solutions.
- Provide functional knowledge of current processes, systems and data.
- Drive and document business processes using tools such as MS Visio.
- Analyze current clinical business processes and apply best practices/knowledge to develop improved, standardized processes for Medtronic businesses.
- Ensure proper validation documentation is created for all projects (i.e. Medtronic System Compliance Methodology (MSCM)).
- Ensure that Medtronic's systems and the information in them are protected in accordance with Medtronic's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices.
- Understand and follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work throughout the entire clinical system lifecycle.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- GED/High School Degree
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years of IT experience with a GED/High School Graduate
- 11+ years of IT experience with Associate Degree
- 7+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of IT experience with a Master's Degree
SPECIALIZED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience working within the clinical industry on clinical applications either in a functional role (Business Analyst) or other technical role.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Proven experience leading clinical system implementations either in a functional role (Business Analyst) or other technical role.
- Strong aptitude to learn new processes / process areas.
- Strong understanding of clinical systems (Siebel CTMS, Argus, OC, other data capture platforms)
- General understanding of clinical processes, including trial management, safety management, data management, or other clinical process areas.
- Experience in business process definition, requirements definition and technology solution research and selection.
- Experience in facilitating small to large groups through challenging discussions
- Experience working in a team-based environment and being accountable on both individual and team-based assignments.
- Strong process mapping and systemic thinking ability.
- Ability to work through and solve complex problems.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing environments, learn quickly and teach others.
- Experience in the development and support of integrated business applications and systems architecture.
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, to all levels of the organization, understanding audience and tailoring communication as appropriate.
- Strong influence management skills.
- Prioritization skills.
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Project leadership/management experience. Experience leading project teams and coordinating activities to achieve a common goal, prioritization skills and facilitation skills
- Global experience and orientation
- Business Analysis certification
- General knowledge of system development methodologies.
- Proficient use of Microsoft software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Project
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
No job matches. Start a new search below!