for the Sr Program Manager-Global Finance Project Managment Office position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr Program Manager-Global Finance Project Managment Office
Fridley - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives:
The Program Management Office (PMO) Lead reports to the Director of Finance Enterprise Excellence and is responsible for development and implementation of the Global PMO strategy for Finance. In this role, the PMO Lead supports the definition and realization of Finance Executive Committee strategies. By implementing and maturing PMO disciplines, including portfolio management, the PMO lead supports alignment of initiatives and resources to Company and Finance strategies, focusing the organization on highest value activities. Additionally, the PMO Lead is expected to facilitate communication across Finance to promote collaboration and avoid redundant effort. The PMO Lead will enable improved delivery of projects through application of standards and project management resources.
The primary location for this role is Minneapolis, MN, however, would consider other Medtronic office locations.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop and execute on the PMO strategy within Finance, maturing the Global PMO function to provide increased value to the organization.
- Work with the owner of the overall Finance objectives to monitor, manage and measure the success of the objectives.
- Implement a governance model that drives alignment with Company and Finance strategies, facilitates prioritization, maximizes resources, and delivers successful outcomes.
- Create and mature the Program Management Office within Corporate Finance.
- Work with the Finance functions within the Groups, Super Regions, and Corporate to ensure the application of consistent metrics and prioritization methods that align with Medtronic and Finance strategies.
- Partner with PMO leads to maintain the project portfolio and ensure status and details are current.
- Develop monthly and quarterly dashboards to enable effective monitoring and management of the portfolio.
- Prepare and review the portfolio status with the Finance Executive Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Provide portfolio and prioritization support for Corporate Finance functions.
- Develop consistent practices, prioritization tools, metrics, and steps for the management, execution, and reporting of projects.
- Develop tools and solutions to help drive the understanding and maturity of the PMO function within Finance.
- Set standards for documentation, develop templates, and define metrics for the practice of project management.
- Assist in assessing and resourcing of project managers required to support and drive projects, potentially managing a team of project managers that can be dispersed across the Finance organization.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the Group / Region PMO leads, project managers, and project leads.
- Provide project management support for high priority initiatives.
Must Have - Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience:
- 7+ years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 5+ years of experience with a Master's Degree
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Experience in program or project management
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, SAFe, or P3O certification (one or more)
Nice to Have :
- Prior experience implementing PMO disciplines, including portfolio management
- Track record of successful project delivery
- Experience in medical device or highly-regulated industry
- Excellent communication skills, including Executive level updates
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and drive organizational change
- Experience in managing by influence
- Prior experience working with or in a finance organization is a distinct advantage but not a requirement
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!