for the Senior Sourcing Engineer - Metals position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Senior Sourcing Engineer - Metals
Northridge - Medtronic
Job Title: Senior Sourcing Engineer - Metals
Location: Northridge, CA
Careers That Change Lives
Through deep domain expertise in precision stamped metal component design and manufacturing, the senior metals sourcing engineer will be responsible for managing, sourcing, selecting, qualifying precision stamped metals components used in the company's Sensors and Transmitter value streams. This individual will engage with cross functional teams in Diabetes like R&D, Mfg, Quality and Regulatory to ensure that the stamped metal components like the needles are manufactured and delivered by robust and approved vendors with required level of quality. Partnering closely with Medtronic Diabetes' supply chain, supplier quality and other key functional groups, this individual will work to identify and execute ramp, improvement and efficiency efforts required at the vendor effectively to meet the ramp demand numbers. In addition, this individual will be instrumental in helping with future supplier development and consolidation activities for stamped metal vendors to support corporate level goals of supplier optimization. This would also involve vendor selection for the next generation needles and associated technologies.
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
The Intensive Insulin Management Business serves the needs of those with type 1 diabetes and those who use intensive insulin regimens with type 2 diabetes. This business unit is our history and our heritage, and where we have offered a comprehensive approach to improve outcomes and care.
Visit www.medtronicdiabetes.com to see an overview of the products in our Diabetes product portfolio.
A Day in the Life
- You will provide subject matter expertise on stamped precision metal components and their manufacturing processes.
- You will be responsible for defining, planning and execution of improvement projects for needles and other stamped metal components in the sensor assembly.
- You will be leading process improvements projects using DMAIC/six sigma/LEAN principles to drive high capability processes at high capacity.
- You will be developing vendors and helping execute the capacity plans to ensure that the needles and the stamped metal components for the sensor assembly are delivered to the business unit demands in a timely fashion.
- You will also be supporting process development for validations and TMVs at the vendors.
- You will manage supplier change notice lifecycle to ensure timely closure and appropriate management of the change notices associated with the plastic components in the needle assembly supply chain.
- You will liaison with R&D to develop next generation suppliers and technology for metal components in the sensor supply chain to support next generation sensor and transmitter platforms
- You will lead co-located teams with cross functional expertise leading different improvement projects.
To be considered for this role, the following minimum requirements must evident on your resume.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 6 years of work experience or Masters in engineering with 4 years of work experience
- Experience working on metal components (i.e. high precision stamped/machined; needles)
- Experience managing and/or developing vendors
- Project/program management experience or skills
Nice to Have
- Expertise in performing validations (e.g. IQ/OQ/PQs, Gage R&Rs, TMVs, PFMEAs/DFMEAS,etc)
- Expertise with component/product development lifecycle in the regulated medical device industry is preferred
- Experience with leading DMAIC/ six sigma/ Lean projects to improve processes and operational efficiencies.
- Experience with the ISO13485 quality system requirements and application in the medical device environment is preferred
- Experience with managing supplier change management system preferred.
- Very effective communication skills required and strongly preferred
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is based in Northridge LA but will require travel between 50- 75% depending on the need.
- The individual has to be self-starter, proactive and driven to achieve goals in a collaborative, respectful and accountable manner.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!