for the Principal Communications Specialist, IIM and Americas Region position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Communications Specialist, IIM and Americas Region
Northridge - Medtronic
Principal Communications Specialist, IIM and Americas Region
Careers That Change Lives
The Principal Communications Specialist is an important member of the team who will be responsible for leading and supporting highly visible communications initiatives including internal and external communications for the Intensive Insulin Management (IIM) Business Unit and the Americas Region. This individual will help support media and public relations, issues and crises management, executive communications, thought leadership and change management communications. This role reports into the Director of Global Communications and Corporate Marketing for IIM and Americas Region within Medtronic Diabetes.
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
Intensive Insulin Management Business serves the needs of those with type 1 diabetes and those who use intensive insulin regimens with type 2 diabetes. This business unit is our history and our heritage, and where we have offered a comprehensive approach to improve outcomes and care.
The Americas Region encompasses all business units within U.S., Canada and Latin America, including IIM, Diabetes Services & Solutions and Non-Intensive Diabetes Therapies. Regional teams lead and execute new business models within the region with a strong emphasis on value based healthcare, and collaborate closely with each business unit to execute and operationalize. This role requires excellent cross-functional and cross-BU collaboration as well as excellent attention to detail and ability to connect the dots given the complexity of the matrix organization.
Visit www.medtronicdiabetes.com to see an overview of the products in our Diabetes product portfolio.
A Day in the Life
- Develop and edit communications materials with support of supervisor
- Support media relations activities including assisting with product/service launches and campaigns, and managing blogger and media inquiries in a timely manner
- Partner with brand team to ensure all materials meet brand and style guidelines; ensure materials are approved through applicable approval processes
- Partner with executive social media team to develop relevant content as needed on both a proactive and reactive basis
- Ensure effective collaboration across regions, functions and business units (know how to navigate a highly matrixed environment)
- Work closely with managed markets and commercial operations team to support value based healthcare initiatives and agreements
- Work with external agencies to complete projects on time and on budget
- Monitor industry news, synthesize for relevance to business and articulate key insights to team
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed, including administrative and clerical tasks
To be considered for this role, the following minimum requirements must evident on your resume.
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years' work experience or Master's degree with 4 years' work experience
- Experience with external and/or internal communications
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Work experience or training in public relations, corporate communications, journalism, or related field
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral communications and presentation skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to work cross-functionally in a large, highly matrixed organization
- Possess an outstanding attention to detail and has a strong bias for action and sense of urgency around execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience in healthcare or medical device industry preferred
- Experience in design and visual mediums (PowerPoint, infographics, still images, video) a plus
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel up to 10%
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!