for the Financial Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Fridley - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives:
Support the Americas region leadership team on planning, forecasting and management reporting processes. Work closely with Americas finance team to collect and consolidate information in support of weekly, monthly and quarterly processes. Provide business partnering and finance support for management reporting and presentations. Provide financial analysis to support revenue recognition, expense reduction initiatives and other special projects.
The position reports directly to the Senior Finance Manager, Americas Region.
A Day in the Life:
- Facilitate collection of weekly (Latest Best Estimate) revenue updates from finance business partners.
- Coordinate and consolidate forecast information for the Americas Region monthly financial review.
- Support quarterly revenue recognition accrual processes, including right of return and rebate reserves.
- Drive quarterly process to summarize revenue results and consolidated P&L performance for the Americas Region close meeting.
- Reporting and Presentations: Communicate business results and updates on key performance metrics (Quarterly Business Reviews, Town Hall Presentations, Senior Leadership Team Updates, Investor Relations Summaries, etc.).
- Coordinate Target-setting and consolidation reporting processes for the Annual Operating Plan and Long-Term Strategic Plan.
- Support functional expense reporting across Americas Region.
- Coordinate pan-Medtronic sales consolidation and reporting.
- Support business decision support initiatives and ad hoc requests from Corporate Finance.
- Collaborate with Americas Region finance teams to ensure communication and drive process improvement.
- Miscellaneous special projects as needed.
Must Have - Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Years of Experience:
- 2+ years of Finance or Accounting experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Required:
- MS Excel and PowerPoint experience
Nice to Have:
- Hyperion/GFS experience
- SAP, BOXI
- GL Structure knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, effectively manage time, and handle changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with finance leadership
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- A maximum of 5% travel.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!