for the Clinical Specialist, Pain Therapies - Orlando, FL position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Clinical Specialist, Pain Therapies - Orlando, FL
Orlando - Medtronic
This position supports the Neuromodulation Pain and Target Drug Delivery Therapies in the areas of surgical coverage, follow-up support, troubleshooting, customer service and education. This person will be engaged in basic market development activities depending upon the needs of the assigned territory and district.
- Represents Medtronic during surgical procedures (trials, implants, revisions) by ensuring access to all necessary equipment and products required for the case, device selection, programming, implantation and testing of all device systems.
- Manages patients through all phases of the clinical process as well as educate them on the features and benefits of Medtronic products
- Provides clinical support in surgeries, re-programmings, trouble-shooting and follow ups in hospitals and clinics
- Responds promptly and appropriately to technical inquiries by customers, patients, and colleagues.
- Maintains a working knowledge of competitive products.
- Educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products and therapies - this is achieved by coordinating: one on one teaching sessions, formal in-service education programs, seminars and/or outside symposia.
- Assists Management and Sales Training department in education/training of new employees in the district.
- Complies with required event reporting and documentation utilizing Medtronic technology tools.
- Accountable to place an order with customer service for pending purchase orders and product replacement and is responsible for working with materials management to collect POs for cases covered within the territory/district.
- Responsible for managing inventory provided for case coverage. Including: timely transactions when product is used, sold or transferred, maintaining a required level of cycle count accuracy, executing product retrievals as instructed, turning over inventory in a reasonable time frame, not implanting expired product or product that is on hold.
- Contributes to the achievement of quarterly goals associated with specific initiatives at the district, regional and/or national level.
- Partners with sales representatives to achieve business goals set forth within the territory/district and documents quarterly activities utilizing provided business tool(s)
- Visits accounts to replenish literature and establishes/maintains relationships with office staff.
- Mentors Associate Clinical Specialists
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, IPAD and PC
- Ability to manage personal expenses and budget effectively
- Ensures personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable. Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work .
- Associate Degree and 6+ years of clinical/healthcare or medical device/pharmacology experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of clinical/healthcare or medical device/pharmacology experience
- Bachelor's degree in health care related field
- Master's degree
- Registered nurse or HCP with experience in a sterile environment
- Clinical experience with implantable neurological products and patient care
- Experience in servicing medical personnel on product use
- Experience with a medical device company or pharmaceutical company, and clinical experience in a specialty area: neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, operating room, pain management, or home health care
- Understands basic reimbursement and healthcare environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
Physical/Other Requirements Needed to Perform Position:
- Required to function using healthcare universal precautions to minimize exposure to infectious disease and radiation
- Clinical Specialists serve as the primary resource for scheduled and unscheduled clinical events
- Clinical Specialists are periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights and may be required to engage in overnight travel within own district or neighboring districts
- Able to work efficiently and autonomously with little direction when outside of clinical events
- Required to attend national meetings, district meetings and other training as requested
- Ability to wear a 7-9 lbs protective lead apron for extended periods of time in the operating room
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application. Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!