for the Principal Software Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Software Engineer
Mounds View - Medtronic
Principal Software Engineer
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
Cardiac Rhythm offers devices and therapies to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
Careers that Change Lives
Ideation! Bring advanced embedded software knowledge, engineering expertise and leadership to platform, infrastructure, and integration software supporting cutting edge technical solutions for our software-driven medical robotics platform.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
Medtronic CRHF Application Development team develops the next generation medical technologies that save lives, improve quality of living for millions of patients across the world. The CRHF Application Development team is one of the most cutting edge team within Medtronic, working with various software technologies in application software, mobile software, BT/BLE communication software, and interfacing with embedded software for management and control of implantable medical devices. The CRHF Application Development team is looking for a proactive, self-starting, strong software development engineer to build the next generation of medical instrument software.
As a Principal Software Engineer in the Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF) R&D Software Organization, you will develop software supporting Medtronic implantable cardiac devices. You will operate in all phases and contribute to all activities of the software development process.
A Day in the Life:
- Design, implement, test, debug and document integration solutions and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets the business needs, while in compliance with applicable regulations and processes.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership.
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside of the team.
- Demonstrate ownership of software feature/module and drive development of the feature/module through SDLC.
- Contribute and apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve complex technical problems.
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
B.S./B.A.in Computer Engineering/Science and 7+ years of experience (or M.S. and 5+ years)
Specialized Knowledge Required:
Nice to Have
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
No job matches. Start a new search below!