for the Principal Paralegal Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Paralegal Specialist
Fridley - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives:
The Principal Paralegal Specialist will be responsible for governance and oversight of Medtronic's global subsidiary portfolio. The Principal Paralegal Specialist serves as the point of contact for the global subsidiary database, registered agent services and general minute book maintenance. The Principal Paralegal Specialist will also assist with preparation of meeting materials for various board meetings managed by the Corporate Secretary's Office.
A Day in the Life:
- Oversight and responsibility of the global subsidiary database for Medtronic's domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Develop and implement processes to maintain reliable and accurate data for all Medtronic subsidiaries and minute books.
- Manage US subsidiary governance matters including resolution writing for subsidiary formation, dissolution, director and officer changes, banking resolutions, delegations of authority, powers of attorney and share register updates.
- Annually review registered agent services and invoices for accuracy.
- Manage annual report filings for US domestic subsidiaries.
- Oversight and responsibility for various secretary of state filings related to mergers, divestitures, name changes, qualifications, withdrawals, d/b/a filing and more.
- Manage various divestiture or integration project step plans as needed.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of various board meeting materials as needed.
- Provide excellent stakeholder customer service.
- Professionally maintain positive working relationships with a variety of third party vendors.
Must Have - Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience:
- 7+ years of experience working with database management systems and subsidiary governance and 5+ years working in a corporate legal group with a Bachelor's Degree; or, 5+ years of experience working with database management systems and subsidiary governance and 3+ years working in a corporate legal group with a Master's Degree
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience with subsidiary governance and compliance
- Experience working with registered agent services
Nice to Have:
- Experience working within a corporate secretary department
- Experience with subsidiary database management systems
- Skills and the ability to motivate and work others to achieve desired results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with resolutions including terminology, formatting of legal documents
- Basic knowledge and understanding of state corporate laws and federal/state securities laws and regulations
- Ability to facilitate team meetings and drive meetings to action-oriented outcomes
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 10%
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!