for the Account Rep, Patient Recovery Extended Care (St Louis) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Account Rep, Patient Recovery Extended Care (St Louis)
St. Louis - Medtronic
Medtronic , a world leader in disposable medical devices, has an immediate opening for an Account Representative for the Patient Recovery-Extended Care Division.
This role is responsible for achieving sales above market growth rates, increasing product revenue margins, and developing high level relationships with top customers. Extended Care will now include Long Term Care, LTAC, Home Care institutions, case managers, Providers, HHA's, Hospice, & dialysis/infusion customers. The product lines will include products from our respiratory/monitoring, Vascular and Medical Supplies portfolio .
- Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing proper sales technique (probing, qualifying, needs assessment, supporting and closing)
- Master all products and applications.
- Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives including assigned quota uplift.
- Maintain and increase sales volume within assigned accounts and territory.
- Travel within assigned territory to call on accounts including overnight travel. Maintain active, in-person presence at top accounts
- Identify new business opportunities, generate leads, close new business and convert accounts from competitor products.
- Professionally drive a sense of urgency in accounts to speed up purchasing decisions.
- Effectively manage sales pipeline closing "A" accounts, moving "B" accounts to A's and "C" accounts to "B"s.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate Medtronic product offerings.
- Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners.
- Complete all administrative tasks including weekly call reports, expense reports, new business forms, GLOR, market feedback, etc.
- In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use -often on night and weekend shifts.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed. Attend all regional, divisional and sector events including National Sales Meetings, Advanced Corporate Training (ACT), Region Meetings
- Maintain required activity level - following established guidelines for number of calls / day, # products presented /account, and # contacts/account.
- Assist customers with backorders and other related service issues.
- Responsible for obtaining and keeping up to date records for vaccinations, TB tests, flu shots, and other medical credentials required by the hospitals in your territory.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Organize and maintain storage locker, samples and other sales material.
- Utilize technology and data to analyze territory, effectively target accounts and pre-call planning.
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including, GPO's, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Interact with Marketing, Customer Service, and other internal departments.
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative's authority.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment, preferably tangible products (i.e. office equipment, copiers, payroll systems, information systems)
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management is required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration.
PREFERRED SKILLS /QUALIFICATIONS:
- A demonstrated track record for meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Previous history of quota attainment
- Documented history of exceeding customer requirements
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Integrity & Trust
Effective organizational and motivational skills necessary to perform related duties.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position
No job matches. Start a new search below!