for the Equip Maint Tech III position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Equip Maint Tech III
Ponce - Medtronic
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
The Equip Maint Tech III is responsible for performing routine and complex preventive maintenance on production equipment and mechanical systems to keep them functioning within specifications; performing simple and complex equipment repairs, calibration, and modification of production equipment and auxiliary systems; installing, troubleshooting, analyzing, repairing, and modifying complete special systems. Oversees projects and daily work of Production Maintenance Technicians I and II, and trains maintenance personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance on production equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies simple and complex production equipment and systems to ensure reliability and maintenance.
- Greases, oils, cleans, adjusts, measures, and calibrates equipment for preventive maintenance purposes.
- Operates and cares for all basic hand tools, power tools, and test equipment associated with all maintenance systems.
- Maintains tool and parts control in inventory database, storage cabinets, and assigned areas.
- Orders inventory items, identifies alternate sources, stocks parts, and records transactions in inventory database.
- Troubleshoots production processes and keeps equipment functioning within specifications.
- Completes simple and complex equipment improvement projects; rebuilds simple and complex equipment systems; organizes, performs, and oversees major equipment overhauls and moves.
- Measures and lays out equipment installations and modifications.
- Drafts illustrations of parts or systems for technical communication.
- Calibrates, adjusts, and repairs processing equipment including complex assembly, ultrasonic welding, form/fill/seal packaging, boxing, labeling, electronic component insertion and associated auxiliary systems.
- Installs production equipment systems demonstrating skill in soldering, threading, drilling, tapping, piping, mounting, wire harnessing, and hook-up of various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical devices.
- Proficiently uses personal computers, basic office function software, and machine control software.
- Provides on-the-job orientation, equipment repair, and advanced maintenance training to associates when applicable.
- Performs analysis on component and system failures to enact appropriate repair or maintenance actions.
- Installs, repairs, and modifies production equipment and systems demonstrating knowledge and understanding of structural, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Proficiently uses test and measuring equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and programs applicable machine computer programs, programmable logic controllers, and I/O devices.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies electrical systems including AC/DC circuits, AC/DC motors, programmable motor controls and electronic drive devices.
- Uses applicable computer programs to operate and control programmable logic controllers.
- Proficiently utilizes machine shop practices including turning, shaping, milling, and grinding.
- Documents repairs and activities in appropriate logs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Records results of tests, troubleshooting, and problem analysis of systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Creates documents regarding equipment function and performance.
- Trains maintenance personnel in simple and advanced maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Certifies maintenance mechanics on specific machine maintenance.
- Analyses equipment construction compared to national and local building, electrical, and safety codes to assure regulatory compliance for a medical facility.
- Works on special projects requiring specialized technical knowledge with a minimum of supervision.
- Participates in team decision making, and develops team problem solving and communication skills.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Organizes clean-ups and maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS): Must observe all federal, state, and company EHS policies and regulations. Must follow the proper indications established in the related EHS SOP's. Follows and support all guidelines established in the organization for the implementation and continuous improvement of the EHS and BEST program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
Education required/ preferred:
Technical degree on Mechanical, Electronic or Electrical
Five (5) years of related maintenance/facilities experience.
No job matches. Start a new search below!