for the Administrative Assistant III - Fort Worth, TX position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Administrative Assistant III - Fort Worth, TX
Fort Worth - Medtronic
Independently performs complex and diverse administrative duties; may give work direction to other office support staff on a routine basis. Daily activities may include interaction with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Uses problem solving techniques, tact and discretion when handling telephone calls, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and managing other requests for information.
- Performs various administrative duties including Internet/Intranet research, facilities coordination, setting up new hires, setting up files, ordering supplies and equipment, photocopying documents and distributing mail.
- Types/creates graphics presentations to be used for product/project reviews, vendor meetings, and customer meetings based on information and instruction received. Completes reprographics and binding requirements for distribution. Coordinates meetings including travel, location, catering, etc.
- Types and proofreads correspondence, reports and forms; corrects grammar and formatting errors; drafts brief correspondence of a routine nature.
- Acts as an information resource on organizational policies and procedures.
- Collects, logs and organizes information from a variety of sources as requested.
- Compares budget plan to actual expenditures and resolves discrepancies. Participates in the AOP and budget forecasting process.
- Applies knowledge of business priorities and company organization when assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of internal operating systems and procedures.
- Conducts special projects as directed. Provides project support to a functional group or business process.
- Interacts with peers, upper management, vendors, clients and customers on a frequent basis.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME:
High School diploma or GED
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
4+ years of administrative experience and training
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Keyboarding skills
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics presentation applications
- Electronic meeting/calendar coordination
- Travel planning
- Budget/cost center management
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Task management
- Records management
- Formal computer training
- Desktop publishing
- Working knowledge of Internet
- CPS certification or other formal education
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!