for the Clinical Specialist, MCS position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Clinical Specialist, MCS
Raleigh - Medtronic
The Clinical Specialist demonstrates quality in all actions; Manages the development, administration, and, distributor and customer education programs pertinent to Medtronic HeartWare's products and technology. Formulates and implements policies and procedures, and participates in all facets operational decision making pertaining to the programs of the organizational unit. Trains and educates investigators/customers on proper use of Medtronic's HeartWare Ventricular Assist Device (HVAD) product and technology. Works with surgeons, nurses, research coordinators, cardiologists and other hospital personnel to facilitate optimal outcomes during implant, post-operative care and long-term use of the HVAD system. Supports Field Sales on providing the best possible outcomes and service for our customers. Works closely with Sales team and provides case support to wider team when required. Will partner with Chief Medical Officer on case analysis, trouble shooting and clinical trial support. Collaborates with Marketing/Product Management, Engineering and Clinical Affairs on key projects and initiatives. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Provides leadership and direction in all aspects of the establishment, implementation, promotion, and administration of the clinical education activities, to include assessment, curriculum planning, communications and clinical skills development, and educational support
- Maintain contact with customers to evaluate their clinical and educational needs
- Develop and execute clinical education programs designed to enhance user competencies
- Cultivates close relationship with strategic business partners, including all training centers and opinion leaders
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Provides new employee training on products, technology and materials
- Assist in developing objectives, and programs for marketing and selling the Company's products
- Provides nursing and/or medical expertise in the development, implementation, and case reports, journal articles and clinical reports from clinicians
- Plans, directs, and coordinates educational workshops, and other programs, events, and activities
- Leads efforts to place speakers on podiums at key conferences
- Represents HeartWare at conferences and symposiums
- Responsible for initiating site contacts, providing technical and clinical support to customers
- Work with other departments to establish priorities for the Company direction, new product development, and customer satisfaction
- Input to management any and all situations affecting clinical results and sales
Required Education/ Experience
- BA/BS degree in relevant field/discipline required such as Nursing, Biomedical Science, Business Administration, Marketing or equivilent
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience
- Demonstrated cardiac operating theatre and/or cath lab experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of adult education and communication principles and practices
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
- Desire to help others
- Composed under stress
- Strategic planning skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of nursing and/or medical principles, methods, and procedures
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate clinical education methodologies and assessment instruments
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Working knowledge of conflict resolution and mediation principles and techniques
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Must reside in the United States
- MBA or graduate degreee preferred.
- Clinical trial experience within medical device space is a bonus.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Travel as required up to 75% of time, sedentary position with 25% of work time spent sitting at a desk. Regularly lifts, carries, push/pull, opens/closes HVAD product case weighing up to 20 pounds.
Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!