for the Outside Sales Representative - Farmington Hills, MI position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Outside Sales Representative - Farmington Hills, MI
Wixom - Cadillac Asphalt LLC
Cadillac Asphalt, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. joint venture company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.cadillacasphalt.com or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
Job ID: 117582
The Junior Sales Representative reports to the local Sales Manager and will be responsible for developing and maintaining favorable relationships with current and potential customers, and achieving sales goals.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Assist in developing strategy and tactics that ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability in key markets through assigned geography.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to include on demand forecasting, competitor capabilities, customer profiles and the next best alternatives.
- Identify and bid all appropriate projects within assigned marketing area. Participate in the development of bid strategy for each job.
- Establish short and long term goals and strategies in regards to key clients and prospects. Develop specific action plans to achieve goals. Will be responsible for meeting specific sales volumes and profit margin goals.
- Partner with other departments (Safety, Quality Control, Production, Operations, Customer Service) to ensure every account receives the highest level of customer service.
- Actively participate in industry-related associates as required in order to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships.
- Manage relationships with key accounts throughout the region.
- Prospect opportunities and companies and market products within core markets.
- Create and maintain Strategic Opportunity and Account plans for strategic opportunities or accounts.
- Maintain strong customer relationships.
- Maintain a high level of market intelligence throughout the region.
- Must foster a collaborative team-based approach.
- Must have the drive and self-discipline to work independently within territory to accomplish goals.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, self-starter who is action oriented and drives for results.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned location ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Cadillac Asphalt policies and procedures as outlined in the Rules and Regulations.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Cadillac Asphalt employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate’s or equivalent from two year college or Bachelor’s degree, plus two or more years of relevant experience. Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with unexpected issues.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Have proficient computer skills with web based applications, Excel and MS Office products.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Cadillac Asphalt is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Cadillac Asphalt is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!