for the Receiving Inspector position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Johnstown - DRS Technologies
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Electronics is a collection of Lines of Businesses and Centers of Excellence driven to be the U.S Navy's Leading provider of electronics products, subsystems, systems and integrated solutions, and expand into adjacent markets. Naval Electronics site locations span across the continental United States
and include Johnstown, PA, Largo, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Twin Cities, MN, Germantown, MD, Washington, DC, and San Diego, CA
Performs inspection activities, to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs inspection activities, to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models
- Inspects products, components, subassemblies, and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements
- Creates organizational value by implementing innovative solutions and best practices involved in all processes of the product realization value stream
- Assists Quality Engineers with identifying nonconforming conditions of products that present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly
- Assists Quality Engineers prepare inspection plans and checklists for inspection
- Generate discrepancy notices and initiate Material Review Board actions
- Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- May specialize in receiving inspection, in-process inspection, process verification/auditing, final inspection, etc.
- Ability to effectively interpret data and present as information and respond to questions from engineers and other technical staff
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- General knowledge of relevant manufacturing standards (such as J-Std-001/IPC-A-610) or common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices)
- Ability to use various measurement devices (calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc) to verify mechanical part compliance
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and able to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements
DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #MCSS #AS
No job matches. Start a new search below!