for the MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - KRAFT PAPER MACHINES position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - KRAFT PAPER MACHINES
Palatka - Georgia-Pacific
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Manufacturing Engineer position at our Palatka, Florida facility. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 850 people and has three tissue paper machines and two Kraft paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle® as well as specialty Kraft grades. The Manufacturing Engineer will work in our Kraft department, reporting to the Kraft Business Leader.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensure excellence in the areas of chemical process safety and process safety management.
- Create and Lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Lead the implementation of complete asset strategies and facilitate zone ownership strategy and operator basic care execution by transferring ownership to operators and technicians to operate, maintain and improve
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Execute and optimize Georgia-Pacific reliability and asset strategies for technology center
- Provide technical expertise and transfer knowledge to operators/technicians, Technical Capabilities Leader, Asset Availability Leader (AAL), Reliability Coordinator, and Shift Capability Leaders
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution
- Obtain Engineering and Project Management resources on capital improvement projects
- Position team for year-over-year continuous improvement
- Interface with Shift Leaders, Technician Capabilities Leader, Skill Developers and operators/technicians to identify and address knowledge
- Develop/verify skills of others in the team system
- Work with support personnel resolving short term reliability issues
- Manage financial plan for the area
- Manage through prioritization of work requests for a paper machine
A successful Manufacturing Engineer will have the ability to:
- Challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement
- Collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback; and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Stay current in best practices and be a continuous learner
- Plan and manage routine and annual outages for asset bases
- Think strategically
- Troubleshoot and analytically solve problems
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field AND 2 years or more of experience in a continuous process work environment
- Associates degree in a Technical field AND 5 years or more of experience in a continuous process work environment
- Computer skills with emphasis on Excel, Word, functional databases and data analysis
- Paper making experience required
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Pulp and Paper Sciences
- 5 years or more experience in the specific area of Paper manufacturing in packaging grades.
- Proficient in the use of PI ProcessBook or similar application of process monitoring.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Basic process control knowledge/experience
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!