for the Manufacturing Engineer - Secondary Fiber/Pulp position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Manufacturing Engineer - Secondary Fiber/Pulp
Rincon - Georgia-Pacific
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Manufacturing Engineer opportunity supporting our Secondary Fiber (Pulp) department at Georgia-Pacific’s Savannah River Mill located in Rincon, GA. The manufacturing engineer will work closely with both reliability and maintenance departments in the development of long-term asset strategies. This role will report to the Pulp product system leader.
Savannah Area Profile:
We believe the Savannah River Mill offers a unique opportunity to its team members. The mill is located in a beautiful part of the country and is close to coast. The mill is located in Effingham county with some of the best school systems in the state. The mill has established an excellent relationship with its community and participates in many community events. Unlike other mills the Savannah mill has virtually no odors, so most of our employees enjoy raising their families here in Rincon. Some choose to live at the nearby coast with year-round boating and long stretches of beach. Some choose to live near or in the great city of Savannah. Savannah is alive any time of year with activities for everyone to indulge. Savannah brims with all kinds of events including: architectural tours, music and food festivals, art exhibits, Civil War Re-enactments, bustling nightlife.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop and implement complete Asset Strategies for secondary fiber process equipment including: Condition Based Monitoring, Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Operating Envelope, Operator Basic Care/Zone Ownership and Spare Parts optimization
- Evaluate, approve, and prioritize equipment repairs and scheduled shutdowns utilizing the Asset Maintenance Work Process
- Coach and develop operators to safely and reliably operate equipment and processes
- Work closely with operators and customers to troubleshoot process, quality and equipment issues and evaluate and implement improvement ideas
- Lead Root Cause Analysis process and execute effective corrective actions
- Create a safe work place with 10,000% compliance to all environmental, safety and business practices with emphasis on identifying and mitigating critical risks
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or Technical Field
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience in secondary fiber operations and the ability to mentor others
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years of Recycled Fiber Processing (pulping, screening, cleaning, flotation, bleaching and clarification) experience preferably for the manufacture of tissue, towel, and napkin
- Experience with Georgia-Pacific reliability systems; AA Database, PI, Vyntex, PTM, DMSI Maintelligence
- Experience with Asset Strategy Development, Root Cause Analysis and FMEA
- Experience initiating and/or executing capital projects
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!