for the Loader Operator - Carey position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Loader Operator - Carey
Clay Center - The Shelly Company
Job ID: 118196
The Shelly Company (part of Oldcastle Inc.) is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
To assist the Foreperson with daily production duties by operating heavy equipment and performing other miscellaneous plant related functions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, depending on the job site, accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Must be able to ramp all stock piles and load customers safely and in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to assist in the event of a breakdown.
- Clean up around plant and surrounding area.
- Lubricate and perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Employee must join Local 18 IUOE within 60 days of employment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to do routine paperwork.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 – 10 lbs
10 – 25 lbs
25 – 50 lbs
50 – 100 lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
No job matches. Start a new search below!