for the Production Supervisor position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Richmond - Georgia-Pacific
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Production Supervisor - Richmond, IN
Georgia-Pacific is recruiting for a Production Supervisor for the Color-Box Corrugated Packaging Facility in Richmond, Indiana. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for 14 non-union hourly employees on a 7p-7a shift that works a continuous operations schedule. The ideal candidate will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Primary responsibilities will include providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for excellence in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and training of hourly production employees
- Responsible for planning, directing, and assigning work for hourly production employees, as well as rewarding, disciplining, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned production department in terms of safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Coordinates all safety efforts within assigned production departments in order to maintain a safe environment for all direct reports, as well as enforcing all safety requirements.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and address issues as they arise, whether production, safety, or employees relations related concerns.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all business levels.
To learn more about the Georgia-Pacific Corrugated Business, check out these videos:
Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, overtime and holidays if needed
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience within the packaging industry
- Experience within a fast-paced, 24/7 high volume manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience within the paper converting /Litho-lam, folding carton, or paperboard converting industries
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!