for the Registrar - Patient Access - St. John position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Registrar - Patient Access - St. John
Southfield - R1 RCM
Shifts & Hours: Days vary; Every other weekend
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We're looking for a self-motivated Registrar to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Registrar will be educating patients about their patient financial liability and reviewing critical information to ensure the patient experiences a smooth registration process. This person must be committed to delivering outstanding customer service to all patients during the scheduling and registration process.
Your day to day role will include:
- Greets patients and visitors upon entry of the hospital department.
- Responds to any patient questions and concerns and directs them to appropriate location.
- Provides ongoing communication with clinical staff regarding patient status.
- Collaborates with medical staff and their associates to ensure appropriate and timely scheduling.
- Maintains optimal efficiency of scheduling activities.
- Provides clinical education to schedulers to ensure efficient and prompt scheduling services.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Explains processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
- Determines and accepts required payments including co-pays and deductibles.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Customer service experience and computer literacy required.
- Excellent customer service skills exhibiting good oral and written communication.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately.
It would be great if you also have:
- At least 2 years of office setting job experience
- Previous healthcare experience
- Medical terminology
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let's talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1's objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.
No job matches. Start a new search below!