for the Quality Control Tech - Walworth, NY position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Quality Control Tech - Walworth, NY
Walworth - Dolomite Products Company Inc
State: New York
Postal/Zip Code: 145468
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
Provide inspection, testing services, and documentation for aggregate plant facilities. Develop and maintain relationships with key customers, facility managers, DOT personnel, State, County, and Municipal personnel. Develop and maintain relationships with material suppliers. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for meeting the graduation requirements of all stockpiles produced and having proper ledge control at each location, while staying within guidelines.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Use accepted methods to inspect, sample, and test aggregates, asphalt, or other materials for the purpose of quality control.
- Sample and test mixtures to stay in compliance with contract specifications and quality control tolerance.
- Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure our products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer.
- Prepare and record accurate information; maintain test results database.
- Obtain required certifications in a timely manner.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment, keeping track of all certification paperwork on lab scales and other equipment that requires annual re-certification.
- Follow quality control plans and guidelines as assigned.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific duty.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must obtain and maintain DOT certifications required to test materials/aggregates as required by state regulations.
- Less than one year of experience in a related field is preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Know and understand all DOT regulations, such as sampling frequency, sampling methods, graduation requirements, quality requirements, etc.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving feedback.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hold weights of 5-10lbs in a stretched arm position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs (minimum) on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Job hazards include exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and all weather conditions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action, E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!