for the Plant Operator - Brockport position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Plant Operator - Brockport
Brockport - Dolomite Products Company Inc
Job ID: 118183
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
To operate the Concrete plant efficiently and effectively to maximize production while at all times maintaining a safe work environment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Operate the computer controlled concrete plant equipment to produce Ready-Mix
- Understand the technical specifications of each order and be able to produce product to specifications
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring daily maintenance of plant is completed, including minor repairs if necessary.
- Responsible for keeping plant clean.
- Report all major maintenance problems to Plant Manager
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of the plant to further their abilities.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Safety and Health
Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Able to operate front end loader and skid loader.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively direct others in the workplace.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge in electricity and mechanics.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!