for the Quality Weld Inspector 2 - 2nd Shift Plant 110 position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Quality Weld Inspector 2 - 2nd Shift Plant 110
Longview - Trinity Industries, Inc.
Quality 1703990 Requisition # 18 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
TrinityRail is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of 2nd Shift / Career Level - Quality Weld Inspector 2 in our Longview, TX plant 110!
In this role, the Quality Weld Inspector 2: Makes visual/measured inspection/tests of materials/products to ensure conformance with standards and determines if product meets all requirements.
Completes inspection records and reports and follows appropriate codes and regulations. Makes visual and measured inspection of products to ensure conformance with standards and determines if product meets all requirements.
May inspect incoming materials or plates, outgoing materials, or fittings and welds throughout the manufacturing process. May apply singular inspection process, such as hydrostatic tests. May perform x-ray, destructive or nondestructive examination to verify specified dimension, strengths and other quality factors using measuring instruments and inspection equipment. May also perform magnetic particle inspection. Completes inspection records and reports. Familiar with appropriate codes and regulations. Follows all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs at Level 1
- Proficient in the use of inspection tools and measuring equipment
- Understands and applies quality science and tools
- May be Welding Inspector Specialist (WIS) level II or Quality Inspection Specialist (QIS) level II or able to achieve in 6 mos
- Certified to conduct and approve 2 NDE quality tests (such as bubble leak, dye penetrant, ultrasound) or Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)
- May work under supervision of Level 2 Certified Inspector
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 - 2 years of related weld inspection experience
- Previous experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or construction environment is beneficial
- Previous experience in rail or steel manufacturing industry is a plus!
- Must be able to work the 2nd Shift Schedule: 6PM - 4:30AM, Monday-Thursday
No job matches. Start a new search below!