for the Fitter/Welder 3 - 2nd Shift Plant 110 position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Fitter/Welder 3 - 2nd Shift Plant 110
Longview - Trinity Industries, Inc.
Welding 1704035 Requisition # 16 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
TrinityRail is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of 2nd Shift - Senior Fitter Welder in our Longview, Texas plant 110!
In this role, the Fitter/Welder 3:
- Position is designated for the Coil Ends Department
- Uses jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics or work orders and uses manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment.
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits together fabricated parts of metal according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics and sketches in preparation for welding.
- Tack-welds pieces together.
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints schematics and sketches using manual and/or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or sub-assemblies.
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Observes all standard safety practices and maintains and completes all required records.
- Follows all safety rules and practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of related fitting & weld experience
- Current Shift Schedule: 6 PM-4:30 AM Monday - Thursday
No job matches. Start a new search below!