for the Fitter / Welder position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Fitter / Welder
Lima - Trinity Industries, Inc.
Welding 1704021 Requisition # 17 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Trinity Highway Products is Ahead of the Curve in safety and innovation as a leading manufacturer of highway guardrail, highway guardrail end treatments, temporary and permanent crash cushions, truck-mounted attenuators, and cable barrier systems.
As a Fitter/Welder at Trinity, you'll lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of metal according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches in preparation. You'll also tack-weld pieces together. The Fitter/Welder applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches using manual, semi-automatic, or automatic welding equipment.
1st Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 3:30pm
What you'll do:
- Fit and weld complex assemblies
- Operate fabrication machinery as needed
- Accurately measure within specified tolerances
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Operate automatic welding equipment (robotic welding)
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Ability to pass weld test
- Comprehensive knowledge of the use and operation of fillet and groove welding equipment
- Ability to read specifications, shop drawings, schematics, and blueprints
- Capable of reading, understanding, and following weld procedures
- Ability to safely and efficiently performs all essential functions
- Ability to follow directions and maintain a professional work environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a teamwork environment
- Regular and predictable attendance
No job matches. Start a new search below!