for the Quality Assurance Field Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Quality Assurance Field Technician
Phoenix - Kitchell
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan,opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Field Technician (FT) reports to the designated Kitchell QA Project Manager (PM), representing the Director, Kitchell Quality Assurance. The FT is responsible for ensuring technical field compliance with the contract documents while maintaining customer service at the highest possible level within the Quality Assurance role on assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives direction from the designated person representing the Director, Kitchell Quality Assurance.
- Conducts technical field reviews and/or inspections on the projects assigned on a scheduled basis.
- Prepares Draft technical field reports at the conclusion of each inspection to review with the Kitchell Superintendent.
- Prepares Formal technical field reports based on the Draft, for approval and issuance by the QA Director or QA PM.
- Provides constant field feedback to the QA Director or QA PM for continuous measurable improvement.?
- Participates in project/job site meetings for the purpose of:
- Communicating and receiving direction from QA personnel
- Communicating with Kitchell Field team personnel
- Answering technical field questions
- Orientations and construction pre-assembly meetings with the Trades
- Monitors and assists the QA PM in planning and scheduling project inspections and reviews those schedules weekly for changes.
- Monitors the progress of the projects to ensure Corrective Action is taken to rectify a known nonconformance. ?
- Assists in any assigned constructability reviews or technical research needs.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, and reports. Knowledge of construction methods and materials. Must have computer skills, including software such as Prolog, Primavera, AutoCAD, E1, QA Mobile, Excel, Word, MS Project, and Outlook. Advanced computer skills required including Excel and CAD literacy.
Required Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Advanced technical training or degrees preferred. Technical Experience: min. 2 years’ equivalent experience as a Commercial Building Inspector, or; 2 years equivalent experience as a Construction Superintendent. Current ICC Certification specific to the building envelope preferred. Building Code Experience: familiarity with ICC Building Codes governing commercial building. ICC Code Certification preferred. A valid driver’s license with no DUI citations. Computer skills required, including working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
This is a safety sensitive position. General office environment 20%. On project sites requiring personal protective equipment (hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, safety vest) 80%. Regular travel required to out of area and remote projects. General hand tools such as screwdrivers, flashlights, 6-foot stepladder, tape measures and tool belts are required and are the responsibility of the SFT. Day travel may be required to out of area projects.
Ability to navigate all types of in-progress construction sites, use of ladders, scaffolding and industrial lifts. This position requires lifting up to 50 pounds and may occasionally require lifting up to 100 pounds. The individual must ask for assistance in lifting more than 50 pounds and may request assistance lifting at any time. This position will navigate all types of in-progress construction sites, use ladders, scaffolding and industrial lifts. This position is safety sensitive.
No job matches. Start a new search below!