for the Law Enforcement Community Outreach-Drug Prevention Education/Subject Matter Expe position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Law Enforcement Community Outreach-Drug Prevention Education/Subject Matter Expe
San Diego - MVM, Inc.
TITLE: Law Enforcement Community Outreach-Drug Prevention Education/Subject Matter Expert II
LOCATION: San Diego, CA
DURATION: Full Time
The Subject Matter Expert II assists with analysis and evaluation and provides recommendations for improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in specialty areas. The Subject Matter Expert II conducts outreach activities to establish and to maintain liaison and working relationships with other federal agencies; foreign, state, and local governments; industry and associations; community organizations; and the regulated community;
Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance as is the ability to work both with minimal direction and within a team environment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to support the department’s outreach and education initiatives
- Research, plan, analyze, organize, coordinate, and implement initiatives to facilitate awareness of prescription drug trafficking, abuse, and outreach programs within the field division’s area of responsibility and local community
- Act as liaison and establish partnerships with government and law enforcement agencies, organizations and the community at large.
- Coordinate events, training, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as well as request for expenditures and funding related to the department’s outreach and education programs
- Monitor and provide day-to-day management of the department’s outreach and education program.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative assessments to determine related needs, priorities, and capabilities and make recommendations regarding education and outreach strategies
- Coordinate conferences and other events as well as requests for expenditures and funding related to field division outreach and education programs
- Maintain key information and identify potential sources for needed funding, and submits projections. Addresses documentation requirements.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to senior management describing program status, issues, findings, analyses, results, recommendations and conclusion as appropriate
- Work independently to review and prepare documents addressing unconventional issues and/or problems affecting the program; work to identify trends and areas for improvements in procedures
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, tracking databases, reports, and presentations; generate and document information for statistical purposes; utilize government database systems and word processing software; compile files on initiatives as requested;
- Participate in discussions, meetings, conferences, and conference calls with agency administrative, business analysts, technical personnel, and other federal agency officials
- Work with general public or specific registrants that may be impacted by the department’s activities
- Provide expert scholarly advice, and consultation to projects and professional co-workers
- Apply expert and highly specialized knowledge to gather facts, research and analyze data, and develop conclusions, recommendations, and strategies
- Exhibit expertise in performing a specialized job, task, or skill
- Possess greater-than-normal expertise or insight relative to a particular technical or operational discipline, system, or process
- Assist project members with analysis and evaluation, prepare and submits recommendations for improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in specialty areas
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Master’s degree or higher is preferred in scientific, technical, or business discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- General knowledge of Information Technology systems and Communication tools
- Strong writing, analytical, proofreading, research and organizational skills
- Strong oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task; detail oriented
- Excellent problem solver and able to handle difficult situations
- Must be able to maintain a DoD Secret level clearance and a DOJ Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) access
Applicants selected may be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A Favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a background investigation
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
No job matches. Start a new search below!