for the Materials Supervisor position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
MorganTown - Morgan Corporation
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below.
Location: Morgantown, PA
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of eleven manufacturing and five service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan's winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
Morgan Corporation is currently seeking a Materials Supervisor for our Morgantown, PA facility. This position will manage and oversee the receipt, storage, pick, and delivery operations of materials from suppliers to the warehouse, production lines and regional facilities. This role will motivate, manage, and measure the performance of warehouse staff against productivity and quality KPIs while ensuring the safety of all employees.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Degree in management, supply chain, business or manufacturing discipline, preferred
- 5 years of experience in a warehousing, distribution or shipping environment
- Prior experience managing people in a fast paced distribution environment
- Strong leadership, motivational, and team-building skills
- Ability to resolve crisis and make quick decisions
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and familiarity with AS400 or other mainframe systems
- Forklift license a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 30 pounds.
Special Application Instructions:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, apply via Dayforce in the Careers tab.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
No job matches. Start a new search below!