for the Technician 2 position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Plymouth - Intertek
Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 36,000 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies' success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users' expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
Intertek's Transportation Technologies business serves a number of consumer and commercial manufacturing industries, including: automotive, electric vehicles, rail, aerospace, marine and construction. Our global network of testing laboratories provides diverse, rapid testing and validation services to the transportation market, which includes everything from traditional cars and light duty trucks, commercial vehicles, airplanes, military ground transport vehicles, trains, marine vessels, motorcycles, lawn equipment, and more. We evaluate to industry standards and international regulations, and deliver top-tier testing for new and emerging markets such as electric/hybrid vehicles, charging components, automotive telematics, and aftermarket components.
The opportunity has arisen for a Test Technician II to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential and values each employee's contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
The position will involve:
- Setting up test apparatus
- Examples of equipment would be desk top power supplies and data loggers.
- Operating equipment
- Assisting in maintaining equipment organization and the facilities overall appearance and cleanliness.
- Inspecting and preparing test samples
- Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with customer specifications and standards
- Performing basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
- May draft technical reports
- May extract and compile engineering data
- May prepare project files for compliance with operation procedures and company internal quality control requirements.
- May make recommendations regarding technical decisions relating to the interpretation and applicability of test standards
- May communicate with clients and management
- Performing other work as required
- Possessing an enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new things and be an active participant in our team work mentality.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to
be complete or exclusive.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years directly related experience
- Automotive and test lab experiences are a plus.
- Safety aware and conscience of one's own work and others.
- Leads others by their own example.
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools
- Hand held multi meters, power supply sources and data capturing equipment.
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfilment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance plans; 401(k) Plan with company match; Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, holiday); Flexible Spending Account (FSA); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement; and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!