for the Technician - Materials Laboratory position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Technician - Materials Laboratory
York - Intertek
Are you looking for a change and a challenge? Do you want an interesting job where you'll never be bored? Intertek's Materials Laboratory in York, PA conducts over 1,200 different tests (mechanical, durability, appearance, etc.) for the building & construction industry...and beyond! We are a third-party, independent test lab contracted by manufacturers to test their products for safety and code compliance. We like to say: you build it and we'll break it.
We are seeking a Technician to join the team in our Materials Lab located in York, PA. This is a technical, hands-on position that requires physical labor to set up and perform tests on a variety of building products and components, both in a laboratory and field environment.
This is an entry level position with on-the-job training provided; and an excellent opportunity for on-the-job training, growth, and stability.
• Set-up and perform tests on building products in a laboratory and field environment
• Analyze test results and write accurate and concise test reports that summarize the test procedures and results
• Communicate with clients regarding test preparation, procedures, and results
• Must be technically competent to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results
• General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong communication skills - both written and oral
• Good computer skills using Word and Excel
• Ability to travel as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
• Associate's Degree in a technical field is desired or equivalent experience
• High school diploma or GED required
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!