for the Administrative Assistant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Boxborough - Intertek
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for performing a full range of administrative duties, answering the telephone, greeting clients, purchasing requests, local accounting, as well as providing support for the local management team.
This position reports to Engineering Team Leader
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Directing incoming calls to appropriate persons
- Greeting customers, logging visitation information, and directing them as needed
- Set up conference room(s) for visitors and in-house meetings
- May assist with coordinating travel arrangements
- Perform various general office duties, including faxing, copying, mailing, filing, etc.
- Sort mail, forward to appropriate external offices
- Maintain phone lists, records for building contracts
- Plan and coordinate holiday/work events
- Place order requests for lab/office/building
- Track and update purchase records and credit card files
- Enter PO requests
- Vendor set-up and maintenance in financial systems
- Organize subcontract requests
- Take stock and order office/kitchen supplies as needed
- Maintain financial and expense tracking information, sort and follow-up on open invoices,
- Review and approve expense payments (PeopleSoft system)
- Create various documents, test report forms, spreadsheets, etc. utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Perform non-technical report revisions and corrections when scheduled
- Prepare required paperwork to support off-site testing (CTF level 1 and 2)
- Upload / download files from report management system
- Manage submissions to CB certificate issuance website
- Collect NPS score and 5x5 metric information for Operations Manager
o Research a wide variety of information requests
o Assist local and regional quality managers with audit preparations
o Assist Team Leaders with monitoring quality metrics for engineering staff
• Performing other work as required
- 7:50 - 5:10 core hours, punctuality
- Projecting a courteous and pleasant image over the phone and in person
- Ensuring that the reception area is clean and orderly
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years prior experience directly related to the role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and systematically compile technical, statistical, and/or financial information into comprehensive reports or other formats.
• Ability plan, organize, and complete a variety of projects within established standards, objectives and time frames
- Microsoft Office software proficiency
• Ability, with or without corrective lenses, to view, read, and comprehend a variety of written materials, including those that are electronic.
• Physical dexterity to perform the clerical functions which are inherent to the position, such as: data entry/typing, writing, operating a telephone, filing, etc.
• Dexterity to operate equipment, bend, turn, reach, balance, stoop, and mobility to travel to other work areas.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time while performing duties at work station.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
No job matches. Start a new search below!