for the Business Development Leader position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Business Development Leader
Austin - Emerson Electric Co
The Business Development Leader is responsible for developing and implementing sales growth plans on assigned accounts for DeltaV DCS/SIS, Reliability & Lifecycle solutions, Industry specific solutions/applications, Wireless, Syncade ERP/MES, Training solutions, and Project /MAC services on green-field and brown-field projects.
This position will take an active role in the pursuit of account projects in close cooperation with the North America Sales Team, Global & Site Account Management, and Global Project Pursuit teams. The Business Development Leader role is a combination of technical and business savvy and has a high degree of dynamic short-term demands as well as longer term objectives to meet.
Leadership Competencies: customer focus, business acumen, building effective teams, interpersonal savvy, presentation skills, managerial courage, motivating others, dealing with ambiguity, strategic agility.
- General Account Management
- Understand and communicate the customer’s business strategies, organizational structure, buying behavior, vendor status, active projects, buying processes, pricing history, spending, etc
- Work within a team environment to develop and proactively execute corporate, site, and business plans for assigned accounts.
- Be the “go to” person within PSS on assigned accounts.
- Expedite and escalate key customer complaints and problems as is required to obtain satisfactory and timely resolution.
- Capture and develop value creation descriptions or QBRs in conjunction with Sales, Operations, Field Services, Account/Site account management.
- Develop and maintain assigned account agreements.
- Communicate account agreement terms and application on projects to all stakeholders.
- Maintain a database of assigned account sites to identify legacy and competitive installed base opportunities.
- Represent PSS on global account/marquee teams.
- Lead and host assigned account meetings (agenda, resources, logistics) at PSS venues.
- Critical Action Planning
- Lead the annual development of critical action plans on key assigned accounts in conjunction with all stake holders (Sales, Account & Site Leaders, Industry Solutions, Operations, and Platform Leaders).
- Drive critical action plan implementation, monitoring, and monthly status reporting.
- Work with Site Team Leader(s) to execute site penetration initiatives in the critical action plan.
- Lead annual review of progress against plan with PSS management.
- Lead mid-year critical action plan update/refresh in conjunction with all stake holders.
- Project Pursuit
- Achieve assigned account booking goals.
- Drive adoption of opportunity review process with all stakeholders to insure all pursuits are timely reviewed per internal process.
- Develop and maintain a list of all assigned account projects in pursuit.
- Provide technical and commercial direction/support to Sales.
- Perform role of Solution Architect on project pursuits / proposals to insure the proposed solution is aligned with customer needs and the sales strategy.
- Lead and host customer project pursuit meetings (agenda, resources, and logistics) at PSS venues.
- Facilitate terms and conditions review in conjunction with Contracts.
- Contribute to the terms and conditions review process to develop customer acceptable solutions.
- Review engineering estimates against comparable benchmarks.
- Provide pricing guidance per comparable benchmark data to maximize profitability within the competitive landscape.
- Insure pricing decisions are made per the proposal plan/schedule.
- Lead DOA approval process in conjunction with Sales.
- Participate in proposal review meetings with customers.
- Participate in project handover to Operations.
- Forecasting and Reporting
- Maintain accurate booking forecast data in conjunction with all stakeholders (Sales, Operations, Account / Site Leaders).
- Maintain a summary of current status and actions going forward on key pursuits.
- Functionally work with Sales to insure bookings happen per the forecast.
- Track annual bookings against goal.
- Industry Expertise
- Maintain an understanding of account and industry commercial benchmarks and metrics.
- Maintain an understanding of applicable industry knowledge and applicable Industry Solutions for assigned accounts.
- Understand the complete PSS portfolio for solutions and technologies, including: DeltaV DCS/SIS, Reliability & Lifecycle solutions, Industry specific solutions/applications, Wireless, Syncade ERP/MES, Training solutions, and Project /MAC to meet clients’ operational and financial requirements.
- Collaborate with Technology and Industry Solutions (ISG) on potential product/solutions development to address key customer pains/needs.
- Collaborate & Leverage across the Organization
- Leadership role improving sales volume and market share through direct actions with all stakeholders within Team Emerson including: Field Sales, Account Leaders, Global Project Pursuit, Operations, ISG, Technology, Marketing, and Platform Business Development.
- Collaborate and leverage across PSS and EPM to identify and deliver the key
Relocation may be available to Austin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!