for the Electronics Engineer - Hardware position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Electronics Engineer - Hardware
Elyria - Emerson Electric Co
Responsible, as assigned, for the design, development, validation, and implementation of embedded systems for use in new and existing products including coordination with other departments and outside suppliers.
• Conduct concept or feasibility studies of new ideas on control logic and other electronics applications. Determine technical principles, assess technology matches, and establish basic design criteria to deliver electronic hardware solutions for new and existing tools.
• Responsible for electrical and electronic designs as they relate to the development of new products employing state-of-the-art technology.
• Design circuit layouts, select components and build PCBA prototypes for proof of concepts models that meet the technical specifications and cost targets.
• Cost analysis / cost estimates of proposed PCBA’s.
• Responsible for effective participation in the department’s cost reduction program. Review and optimize cost of existing PCBA’s through updates / redesign or support changes of PCBA and component suppliers.
• Assist in supplier selection for PCBAs, electronic and electric components.
• Select or specify motors for powered tools.
• Closely work with battery manufacturers to define specifications for batteries and chargers. Develop test procedures, test fixtures and conduct qualification testing.
• Develop test plans for electronic circuitry, and perform qualification testing including functional testing, life testing, and stress testing; EMI and IEC testing.
• Develop firmware in close collaboration with Firmware engineering.
• Documentation of product designs, and creation of test reports
• Stay abreast of UL, CSA, CE and other regulatory requirements (ROHS, WEEE, CCC) as related to electrical and electronic designs of Ridge Tool’s products.
• Drive projects to timely completion by close collaboration with other functional team members: Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Sourcing, Quality, and Manufacturing.
No job matches. Start a new search below!