for the Senior Accountant (46-48) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Senior Accountant (46-48)
San Diego - Solar Turbines Inc
Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
The accountant deals with financial issues of normal to medium complexity to support business processes. This position will develop an expanded understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures; apply accounting knowledge; as well as participate on and lead teams. The incumbent will be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and will perform a broad range of analysis work. The accountant will review and validate relevant data and data sources, analyze information and provide feedback. Incumbent works on challenging, low to medium risk issues and makes decisions and recommendations as appropriate. The accountant will demonstrate knowledge and ability to independently handle accounting issues. They will demonstrate good communication skills.
Possible areas of responsibility are varied and of medium complexity including:
- Financial accounting, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Internal management accounting
- Development and maintenance of internal controls and procedures
- Communications with internal and external customers
- Inventory and cost analysis
- Profitability analysis and revenue recognition
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or an equivalent degree with at least 18 college units in Accounting required.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale required
- 2-4 years of accounting experience
- Previous accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Hyperion software is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, organization and planning expertise, analytical and problem solving skills, leadership ability, and computer literacy
This position does not qualify for relocation.
None to minimal
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services website.
Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks.
No job matches. Start a new search below!