for the Senior Consultant, Environmental Solutions position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Senior Consultant, Environmental Solutions
Wayne - FTI
About the Company:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise. FTI Consulting was engaged to work on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting:
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment provides corporations, governments and law firms around the globe with the industry's most complete range of multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services. Our professionals combine end-to-end capabilities with unmatched qualifications when clients face high stakes litigation, arbitration, compliance investigations or regulatory scrutiny. Our Forensic & Litigation Consulting services are offered through a global network of 53 offices in 18 countries.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
About The Opportunity:
Senior Consultants are expected to have and use certain technical skills, including academic training, in several areas and also possess important performance skills. Projects typically involve complex Superfund sites and multi-disciplinary teams formed to solve problems relating to responsibility determination, allocation of damages, and dispute resolution for environmental cleanup or restoration. Prior experience in managing project teams for complex engagements is required. Demonstrated expertise in technical writing, management of large datasets, geographic information systems (GIS), litigation support, and environmental research are strongly desired attributes for this position. Prior professional experience with proposal preparation, client meetings/presentations, and environmental trial/expert testimony support are also highly desired.
The types of research and analysis tasks cover a broad range of topics and skills, including the following:
- Site operational history and waste management practices
- Regulatory history and guidance for hazardous materials management and control
- Urban watersheds and sewer infrastructure
- Industry standards of practice
- Industrial statistics of various types
- Numerical models and spreadsheet used for analytical tasks
- Effective communication is essential for this position.
- The job requires the ability to recognize key information obtained from primary and secondary source materials and synthesize it in a concise manner.
- The ideal candidate will be able to process data and documents, working within a variety of software programs, and will successfully troubleshoot data compatibility issues.
- The duties for this position will include conducting research in a wide variety of repositories to identify and obtain potentially relevant records. As a result, duties will also include copying, organizing, labeling and compiling materials for delivery to clients, both in electronic and paper formats.
- The applicant will also be expected to undertake other duties as assigned, including out-of-state travel lasting up to 2 weeks per trip.
- Conduct detailed fact-finding research; gather literature and data from databases and specialized industry resources.
- Perform detailed analyses of relevant data, with recommendations as appropriate; use creative problem solving skills.
- Prepare technical written work product and presentation materials for clients, including graphs and charts, reports, etc.; may contribute to the drafting of a project's final report.
- Identify essential facts; summarize case information.
- Prepare time and expense reports, participate in practice group and office meetings, handle general case administration.
- Oversee, direct and audit work of junior team members; inform Case Manager of individual and team progress and availability.
- B.S./B.A. in Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or other environmentally-focused discipline
- Able to type 45 wpm with 90 percent accuracy
- 5 years related experience
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems while exhibiting good judgment
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis
- Library research skills including knowledge of and skill in using library catalogs, journal and topical indices, maps, microfilm, and microfiche
- Archival research skills including familiarity with finding aids, collection inventories, shelf or box lists, and fragile material preservation protocols
- Public agency research skills including basic knowledge of environmental agencies at the national, state and local levels, FOIA requirements
- Ability to analyze primary and secondary source documents and understand their context in historical perspective
- Able to create letters, tables, and memoranda in Word using available templates
- Internet research skills including knowledge of search engines, key word searches, and electronic resources
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond appropriately to unexpected delays or schedule changes
- Ability to operate independently, using independent judgment and discretion in analyses
- Commitments to providing professional services and have strong team orientation
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and set goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Litigation support software experience
Position Classification : Exempt
No job matches. Start a new search below!