for the Director, Construction Solutions position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Director, Construction Solutions
Atlanta - FTI
About the Company:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise. FTI Consulting was engaged to work on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting:
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment provides corporations, governments and law firms around the globe with the industry's most complete range of multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services. Our professionals combine end-to-end capabilities with unmatched qualifications when clients face high stakes litigation, arbitration, compliance investigations or regulatory scrutiny. Our Forensic & Litigation Consulting services are offered through a global network of 53 offices in 18 countries.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
About The Opportunity:
FTI Consulting Construction Solutions is a leading global provider of commercial management, risk-based advisory, dispute resolution services and strategic communications counsel on complex projects across all construction and engineering industries. Our professionals are industry leaders who understand technical, business, regulatory and legal matters and are seasoned in giving expert testimony. They represent top talent across disciplines, including engineers, architects, accountants, quantity surveyors, planning and scheduling specialists, cost engineers, project managers and strategic communications professionals.
With experience in commercial contracting and professional industry practices, our consultants understand technical, business, regulatory and legal matters, allowing our experts to identify key issues quickly and find the best solutions for our clients.
Our clients hire us to ensure that every aspect of their capital program or project is properly governed, well-executed and fully supported from beginning to end. FTI Consulting draws on its breadth of international construction experience and knowledge to deliver the best outcome for our clients, wherever their projects may be located.
A Director is responsible for providing project controls, scheduling, and/ or cost management of large capital projects, including financial and construction project related analysis. Responsibility for the day-to-day activities of projects including review and analysis of contract claims, calculation of delay, extended performance and impact costs, interaction with client personnel, other team members, contractors, design team and other professionals from other firms involved in the engagement. Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Analysis and preparation of construction claims, CPM schedules and/or construction cost information
- Performing dispute related analyses such as delay, impact, differing site conditions, cost and damage as well as lost productivity analyses
- Preparing labor productivity studies
- Performing detailed project and program reviews for large capital programs
- Providing assistance and oversight of large capital projects and programs
- Implementing or assist with corrective action plans related to the "recovery" of large capital projects
- Developing project specific financial models and tools
- Conducting business process assessments and development of business processes for the successful execution and management of large capital projects
- Conducting contract compliance audits
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring a support group of professionals who specialize in construction industry consulting and related litigation support
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Building Construction, Construction Management, or Accounting
- Master's degree and/or knowledge of construction industry is also desired
- Fluency in English, excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical and organizational skills
- Minimum five (5) years or more construction industry experience.
- Ideal candidates will hold one or more of the following certifications: licensed professional engineer (PE), certified project management professional (PMP), or certified public accountant (CPA) Planning and Scheduling professional (PSP), Certified Cost Professional (CCP) and Certified Forensic Claims Consultant (CFCC)
- Proficient knowledge of PC environment and related software including Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Willingness to maintain a flexible travel schedule
- Fluency in secondary language with a preference in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience and training with Primavera scheduling software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Able to delegate and supervise the work of others
- Experience in business development activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional, confident demeanor and appearance
- Capable of defending positions with rationale arguments
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude
Position Classification: Exempt
No job matches. Start a new search below!