for the Senior Director position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Atlanta - FTI
About the Company:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise. FTI Consulting was engaged to work on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting:
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment provides corporations, governments and law firms around the globe with the industry's most complete range of multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services. Our professionals combine end-to-end capabilities with unmatched qualifications when clients face high stakes litigation, arbitration, compliance investigations or regulatory scrutiny. Our Forensic & Litigation Consulting services are offered through a global network of 53 offices in 18 countries.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
About The Opportunity:
FTI Consulting Inc.'s Construction Solutions group is seeking professionals with experience in one or more of the following areas: project management, construction management, project controls advisory services, construction contracts administration and/or procurement, capital budgeting and construction cost estimating, construction contract auditing and/or project auditing, financial modeling, scheduling and schedule analysis, claims and litigation advisory services, and dispute resolution. We are looking for individuals with educational backgrounds in engineering construction management, accounting, and finance. The candidates should have at least 10 years of construction industry experience. The individual should have some combination of capital projects management, construction claims, and critical path method (CPM) scheduling experience. We are looking for candidates who are excellent team players and will adhere to FTI's core values of Quality, Tenacity, Relationships and Integrity.
- Skilled in the analysis and preparation of construction claims, CPM schedules and/or construction cost information
- Perform dispute related analyses such as delay, impact, differing site conditions, cost and damage as well as lost productivity analyses
- Prepare labor productivity studies
- Perform detailed project and program reviews for large capital programs
- Provide assistance and oversight of large capital projects and programs
- Implement or assist with corrective action plans related to the "recovery" of large capital projects
- Develop project specific financial models and tools
- Conduct business process assessments and development of business
- Oversee processes for the successful execution and management of large capital projects
- Conduct contract compliance audits
- Recruit, train, and mentor a support group of professionals who specialize in construction industry consulting and related litigation support
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Accounting is preferred
- Master's degree and/or knowledge of construction industry is also desired
- Minimum ten (10) years or more construction industry experience
- Ideal candidates will hold one or more of the following certifications: licensed professional engineer (PE), certified project management professional (PMP), or certified public accountant (CPA)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and MS Project
- Experience and training with Primavera scheduling software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Able to delegate and supervise the work of others
- Experience in business development activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional, confident demeanor and appearance
- Capable of defending positions with rationale arguments
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude
Position Classification: Exempt
No job matches. Start a new search below!