for the ESL Quality Assurance Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
ESL Quality Assurance Technician
New Hampton - Sparboe Farms
Sparboe Foods is a growing company that prides itself on giving its employees ample opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. Employees work in a clean, safe, temperature controlled environment.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: ESL Quality Assurance Technician
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Performs basic quality techniques to track, analyze and report on materials, processes, and products to ensure they meet the company's quality and food safety standards.
- Perform pre-operation inspection of production areas before start of production for food safety and quality systems compliance.
- Collect and analyze USDA Commodity samples as needed.
- Collect and label samples according to sample collection procedures, complete Sample Analysis Request Forms, and submit samples to USDA or Sparboe Foods Laboratory as necessary. ESL, Environmental and etc. Samples
- Perform additional tests on product samples such as solids, pH, etc as needed.
- Follow sampling procedures for environmental and product testing to analyze product for biological, chemical and physical properties.
- Follow and enforce Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP's), Standard Operating Procedures, and Good
- Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety Policies by inspecting the plant, equipment, and employees prior to operation and during production.
- Report Food Safety and Quality infractions to supervisors/managers.
- Assist in the development of new and review of current procedures.
- Help facilitate employee training as needed.
- Enter data on product information as needed.
- Monitor the quality, type, and wholesomeness of all products being produced.
- Monitor and record the refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily.
- Assist with the completion of required paperwork that accompanies each shipment of product as needed.
- Accurately complete and/or verify all documentation according to the facilities Food Safety and Quality Systems and
- HACCP Plans in compliance with SQF Code.
- Ensure that all documentation is error free before filing documentation.
- File documentation to ensure that records are up to date and readily available.
- Perform Monthly Internal Inspection, Glass, Brittle Plastic & Ceramic Inspections and Quarterly Locker Inspections as assigned.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Supervisor with tasks upon request.
- Follow Sparboe Foods Hold/Release Policy on non-conforming product.
- May be required to do environmental monitoring of cleaned production lines for allergen residue (Spot Check Plus swabs) after producing egg product with milk (NFDM), documenting results and taking corrective action if necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Willing to take further education by taking outside courses relating to food quality and food safety.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Two years of employment with food processing preferred.
- Understanding of USDA Regulations Governing Eggs and Egg Products.
- Understanding of Sparboe processes and procedures relating to quality assurance and food safety.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Basic computer knowledge with Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Basic analytical skills
HOW TO APPLY:
In person or online
Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm
900 North Linn Ave. New Hampton, IA 50659
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!