for the Extended Shelf Life Pasteurizer Operator position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Extended Shelf Life Pasteurizer Operator
New Hampton - Sparboe Farms
Sparboe Foods is a growing company that prides itself on giving its employees ample opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. Employees work in a clean, safe, temperature controlled environment.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION: Extended Shelf Life (ESL) Pasteurizer Operator
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The ESL Pasteurizer Operator will safely, effectively and efficiently operate equipment and monitor operations of the ESL equipment according to regulations that protect the consumer, follow government rules and meet customer requirements.
- Learn, understand and perform all duties associated with Extended Shelf-life Egg Pasteurization and support systems including but not limited to: Start-up, shut-down, troubleshooting, routine daily operation of equipment including:
- Plate heat exchanger, homogenizer, pressure filters, liquefier, process pumps, storage tanks; and CIP/general sanitation sterilization of ESL-HTST related equipment, and support tanks as applicable. Complete retraining and new learning as needed.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Communicate routine and urgent processing issues to management as needed.
- Manage citric acid dozing processes in accordance with SOP's.
- Monitor the pasteurization process; perform associated tests as required such as: CCPs, cut-in/cut-out, process settings, divert protocols, and can test flow rates.
- Formulate Ingredients into liquid egg for specialty blends in accordance with company standards and SOP's.
- Operate systems to Production Schedule.
- Complete document records associated with job tasks.
- Keep the environmental areas associated with above processes in clean and in sanitary conditions.
- Properly follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP's), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Food
- Safety and Quality Programs: SQF, HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Human Safety Programs.
- Train and mentor other operators.
- Perform other duties and work as directed by manager/supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- High school degree required.
- Good math, English and comprehension skills. Ability to properly complete quality documentation.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be able to operate electronic systems (Panel Views)
- Ability to learn and to follow instruction and conform to rules with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work hands on. As the majority of the responsibilities can't be delegated.
- Must have good communication, critical thinking and attention to detail skills.
- Must display reasonable mechanical aptitude to work with and understand processing equipment.
- Ability to discern quickly, capture the essence of a problem and make sound judgments must have reliable attendance.
HOW TO APPLY:
In person or online
Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm
900 North Linn Ave. New Hampton, IA 50659
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!