Colorado Springs - National Express Corporation
Global, Local, Total
National Express Transit (NEXT) is a rapidly growing provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services for transit authorities, municipalities and other clients across the country. NETC is the US-based public transportation division of UK-based National Express Group, providers of nearly one billion safe journeys each year. We are currently seeking a Dispatcher for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Directs and monitors daily assignments; schedules drivers and assigns vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes.
- Ensures direct and indirect daily activities of drivers are assigned and accomplished on-time.
- Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution.
- Assist drivers with routing directions and directs them to perform special services when required.
- Recommends appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including suspensions and/or discharge, for staff violations of company policies.
- Responds to emergency calls, facilitates emergency response network, coordinates mechanical service repair, and assigns replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a route.
- Notifies stakeholders and location personnel of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or any other event that will disrupt service.
- Maintains route documentation and records (relevant contract requirements, customer information, route changes, relevant maps, vehicle details, bus assignments, driver details) for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers and complies with district and state requirements.
- Coordinates vehicle service and mechanical repairs with Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Maintains high compliance to dispatch standard operating procedures.
- Handles customer concerns and requests for information in an expeditious and professional manner.
- Escalates unresolved issues to management as appropriate.
Company name is : National Express Transit
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of surrounding geographic area to ensure effective and efficient routing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and dispatching.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers in fast-paced and/or stressful environment (interpersonal & telephone skills).
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers and other team members
- Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to operate two-way and emergency radio systems
- Ability to use office machines (fax, scanner, copier, zip drive, telephone system)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Program and computerized routing software.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read road and street maps
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records relating to overall dispatch and routing responsibilities
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.nationalexpresstransit.com or http://www.nellc.com .
KeyWords : Dispatch, Dispatcher, Bus Dispatcher, Truck Dispatcher, Delivery Dispatcher, Transportation Dispatcher, Public Safety Dispatcher, Emergency Dispatcher, Radio Dispatcher, Station Dispatcher, Router, Route Writer, Route Planner, Trip Planner, Transportation Route Planner, School Bus Transportation, Student Transportation, Passenger Transportation, Public Transportation, Transit, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z
No job matches. Start a new search below!