for the Facilities Planning Project Planner position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Facilities Planning Project Planner
Erie - Erie Insurance
Plans and manages facilities projects related to interior furniture and space utilization. Ensures that project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed-upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Working knowledge of Revit strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains overall project plan for assigned projects. Works with appropriate personnel to coordinate all aspects of project, including detailed interior furniture drawings, installation drawings, construction and electrical drawings, and data/telecommunications drawings and specifications. Schedules and prioritizes project work tasks as required. Monitors project work progress and makes plan revisions as necessary.
- In conjunction with department and division management, recommends effective short- and long'term space utilization. Prepares executive presentations for strategic planning.
- Works with client and other team members to develop objectives, plans and scope for assigned projects. Manages scope of project and oversees change management for assigned projects.
- Identifies project issues and manages issue resolution for assigned projects. Communicates project issues to project team, clients, management and others as required.
- Prepares status reports, AFEs, project schedules and other project control documents on a regular basis for assigned projects. Communicates to and manages the project team for assigned projects.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers and project participants.
- Ensures that each assigned project complies with organizational standards and procedures, including space standards, ergonomic issues and building codes.
- Coordinates and manages outside contractors as required for each assigned project.
- Conducts research on current systems furniture, finishes and price trends. Analyzes materials and product specifications to determine performance and value.
- Mentors and trains less experienced staff as needed.
Ability To Maintain Composure
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Planning And Organizing
Bachelor's degree in interior design, or equivalent, required. Three years of previous related experience required. Working knowledge of architectural design required. Working knowledge of project management required. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and related design software required. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and project planning software required. Periodic travel including overnight stays required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Driving; Occasional (<20>
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (<20>
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Nearest Major Market: Erie
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Project Manager, Technology
No job matches. Start a new search below!